Can You Completely Remove Quick Settings In Notification Panel?

nullqwerty

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
On the notification panel, I clicked edit for the quick settings. I then removed everything selected so that i don't have any quick settings. This is good, except that the edit button is still there, and so it still takes up the same amount of space. Is there a way to just completely get rid of quick settings from the notification panel? Edit button and all?

Thanks

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
On the notification panel, I clicked edit for the quick settings. I then removed everything selected so that i don't have any quick settings. This is good, except that the edit button is still there, and so it still takes up the same amount of space. Is there a way to just completely get rid of quick settings from the notification panel? Edit button and all?

Thanks

I suspect not without root.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
No worries I'm now guessing you will be searching how to root.

Towelroot worked for me but I'm unsure if it will for your variant

Posted via Android Central App

nullqwerty

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I found out ioroot works for Verizon model. Trying to find out if I can remove root though in case I need to (I'm within my 14 day return window, so in case anything goes wrong...). Posted to XDA. Will post back if I get an answer (unless anyone here knows the answer).

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I found out ioroot works for Verizon model. Trying to find out if I can remove root though in case I need to (I'm within my 14 day return window, so in case anything goes wrong...). Posted to XDA. Will post back if I get an answer (unless anyone here knows the answer).

SuperSU application allows you to do a root cleanup (unroot).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress