Back capacitive button inop sometimes!

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got this phone today..Just setting it up I've noticed that sometimes not all the time, but I have to hit the back button several times before it works. Other times its fine. The other buttons home and recent are fine. If I change the button configuration seems to work better .But prefer only the 3. Almost like it has a dead spot. I did install a bodyguardz tempered glass protector. But can't see this being a problem. Anybody else run into this?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I would start by calling LG or your carrier. You should be able to get an exchange.

Its just every now and then. Everything else works. Afraid of getting one with more issues. I'll see if it gets better before my 14 days .if not it's time for a replacement. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its just every now and then. Everything else works. Afraid of getting one with more issues. I'll see if it gets better before my 14 days .if not it's time for a replacement. Thanks

I would at least call your carrier. At least then you will be on record for attempting something within the 14 days.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue almost like a ram issue because if I reboot it goes away.

Posted via Android Central App

I just found in another forum here that someone else was having touch issues with the same glass screen protector. He took it off and works fine. I guess after the screen protector wears out ill try a different brand..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone today..Just setting it up I've noticed that sometimes not all the time, but I have to hit the back button several times before it works. Other times its fine. The other buttons home and recent are fine. If I change the button configuration seems to work better .But prefer only the 3. Almost like it has a dead spot. I did install a bodyguardz tempered glass protector. But can't see this being a problem. Anybody else run into this?

there has been some reports about certain thickness of tempered glass screen protectors not working well with the g3. i know this because the one i got from my local at&t store was acting up because of it. took it off and its been fine. but i have been looking around online to find a suitable replacement. also i got at&t to take it back and refund my money.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
there has been some reports about certain thickness of tempered glass screen protectors not working well with the g3. i know this because the one i got from my local at&t store was acting up because of it. took it off and its been fine. but i have been looking around online to find a suitable replacement. also i got at&t to take it back and refund my money.

Was it the Bodyguardz Tempered glass? That's what I got.

dglock

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have found if u take paper towel with a little windex on it clean it well ...hold in light u will see like oiley film on it rub that off should do the job !

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Always the culprit. This is why I never install screen protectors. Gorilla Glass 3 is strong enough that you do not need one of these. It isn't 2006 anymore.

I do believe gorilla glass even 3 can scratch. A little grain of sand can do it. Then I would be pissed.. Lol. I'll probably find a thinner one

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I do believe gorilla glass even 3 can scratch. A little grain of sand can do it. Then I would be pissed.. Lol. I'll probably find a thinner one

My Gorilla Glass razr slid across asphalt once, no scratches on the screen. Only the bezel. And I've been to the beach with a sandy phone, never a scratch. I don't think it scratches like you say it does.

thedigitel

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It will still get the super fine micro scratches in it that you can see in direct sunlight. I went mountain biking for 3 days up in Utah and had the phone in my pocket the entire time... never dropped it but it developed a few of these abrasions, most likely from sand / dirt getting into my pocket. Gorilla Glass 3 isn't really that great in my opinion.

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've heard and read very good reviews for the iCarez tempered glass screen protectors, even people preferring them over Spigen. I personally use Tech Armor, they never let me down, and their regular screen protectors have a life time warranty for anything! I'm unclear if their tempered glass has the same warranty, but I'll find out soon when I order one.

Posted via Android Central App

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I just found in another forum here that someone else was having touch issues with the same glass screen protector. He took it off and works fine. I guess after the screen protector wears out ill try a different brand.
Mondingo, thanks for posting this issue! I was having similar problems with the Bodyguardz Tempered glass screen protector from AT&T. I was thinking my G3 screen had dead spots and was getting ready to return it.

Took off the Bodyguardz and the screen sensitivity works perfectly.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Mondingo, thanks for posting this issue! I was having similar problems with the Bodyguardz Tempered glass screen protector from AT&T. I was thinking my G3 screen had dead spots and was getting ready to return it.

Took off the Bodyguardz and the screen sensitivity works perfectly.

No problem.. I too want to take it off. Going to try a different brand. There's a few other good ones off Amazon I've heard. And reading the forums. Going to check into it first. Need one before taking this off.. I'm glad yours is working great now..

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
No problem.. I too want to take it off. Going to try a different brand. There's a few other good ones off Amazon I've heard. And reading the forums. Going to check into it first. Need one before taking this off.. I'm glad yours is working great now
I was trying to wait until I found something else but then missed an important call because the screen didn't register my touch with the Bodyguardz. I was able to find a Zagg tempered glass screen protector at a local Sprint store and had it applied today -- it's amazing how much more responsive the screen is with the Zagg vs the Bodyguardz. Like night and day.