'Synching' advice - slightly confused...

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I just need some clarification on how synching works on my G3?

For e.g., in the Twitter app. there's an option to choose how often the app. syncs. I have most notifications on, so I assumed that, should I set it to sync every hour that the phone would pull the said notifications every hour and I'd be notified. However I get the notification anyway, pretty much immediately, regardless of what timeframe it's set to.

In the options on the G3 there the Accounts and Snyc section. In here Twitter is listed, as I'd FB, What's App and numerous others that I never use, such as Skype.

I'm asking just so I know what is on and off, and exactly how it works. If turning synching off, either via the app or in the settings on the phone doesn't effect notifications, what does it effect? Is it linked to my contacts also? If stuff is on and it doesn't have to be, I may as well turn it off if it's just using battery needlessly.

Cheers for any advice.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you turn syncing off, there will be no syncing, though there will be notifications.
If you turn notifications off, there will be syncing unless you have turned that off as well.
At least I thinks that's right...😕

Posted via Android Central App

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
If you turn syncing off, there will be no syncing, though there will be notifications.
If you turn notifications off, there will be syncing unless you have turned that off as well.
At least I thinks that's right...??????

Cheers for the reply.

However, I'm still none the wiser as to what, exactly, syncs. As no one seems to know, I've just turned syncing of for most things and I'm still getting notifications. Guess time will tell what effect, or lack of effect, this has.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
At least I thinks that's right...😕

Cheers for the reply.

However, I'm still none the wiser as to what, exactly, syncs. As no one seems to know, I've just turned syncing of for most things and I'm still getting notifications. Guess time will tell what effect, or lack of effect, this has.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think that most syncing in the settings, account is about your contacts in the different apps (whatsapp, Skype,...) is going to update any new contact or change made across devices.

Other apps as Drive, calendar, Evernote and such will sync any change or new files. Again, this is important especially if you share your account on different devices.

You can always switch off most of the syncing and do it manually app by app when needed and that's not going to affect your notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38