Screen knock to turn on & security

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lately this issue seems to be getting worse and worse. To wake up the screen sometimes I need to repeat the double tap two or three times. Then on the security knock pattern, I sometimes have to repeat that two or three times as well
Not consistent at all. Any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I've found the same inconsistencies...I switched back to a pin code to unlock the phone. As far as the double tap to wake the phone, make sure you tap 2x in the same place or the phone might think you're attempting a knock code. At least that's been my experience.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I tap in the same place. I have not had a screen protector on for most of my ownership. Just put one on last week. This problem has been with me from the beginning; it's just getting worse now. Now it happens every day pretty much.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Btt
This problem is getting worse
Sometimes I can tap the screen 4 r 5 times and it won't wake up. Then I'll do a very specific intentional TAP and it won't work. Then sometimes use my knuckle. Still nothing
Finally a tap will wake it. Getting pretty frustrated with what is supposed to be a convenience feature. Any ideas?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried dialling up your hidden menu and fiddling with Knock settings in there? In the menu, Settings, Update Touch Firmware?
I seem to recall one of the EUR updates included knock optimisation so if correct it may eventually come your way.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried dialling up your hidden menu and fiddling with Knock settings in there? In the menu, Settings, Update Touch Firmware?
I seem to recall one of the EUR updates included knock optimisation so if correct it may eventually come your way.

What is "dialing up hidden menu" ?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I get that with the wrong number. I'm sorry, I don't know what the right number would be for you in that case. This is what you get with the right number....you can scroll to many more options than shown here in the first shot. The second shot shows some of the options when you tap Settings.

Attachments

• 3588.jpg
    3588.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 3590.jpg
    3590.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 51

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
In this linked article there's a warning about going into the hidden menu that I'd better post....I hadn't realised it could lead to problems but perhaps they're exaggerating. On the other hand perhaps that's why they're hidden. People tell you nothing.

http://lg-g3.wonderhowto.com/how-to/unlock-hidden-menu-run-diagnostic-test-your-lg-g3-0156740/

Can any other members comment on whether the hidden menu is in fact best left alone? It's one thing for blackdog's carrier to disable his FM Radio but I don't want to be the cause of his phone actually exploding in his face.
(blackdog, stay away from the hidden menu.)

Last edited:

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
In this linked article there's a warning about going into the hidden menu that I'd better post....I hadn't realised it could lead to problems but perhaps they're exaggerating. On the other hand perhaps that's why they're hidden. People tell you nothing.

How to Unlock the Hidden Menu & Run a Diagnostic Test on Your LG G3 ? LG G3

Can any other members comment on whether the hidden menu is in fact best left alone? It's one thing for blackdog's carrier to disable his FM Radio but I don't want to be the cause of his phone actually exploding in his face.

Well since I can't seem to dial into it, I'll stay away by default. Thanks for the try anyway.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

How to Unlock the Hidden Menu & Run a Diagnostic Test on Your LG G3 ? LG G3

Well since I can't seem to dial into it, I'll stay away by default. Thanks for the try anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress