LG G3 My battery drain so fast

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

this week i notice that my phone only give me 5-7 hours on light to medium use ! my phone still new and i remember when i purchase it was give more that 14 hour on same use and i'm using only WiFi and social app !!!

BKHoward

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: My battery drain so fast

Don't use an SD card and disable VZWAVSService. Those two changes have reduced my Android System usage from the 20-30% range to single digits and increased battery remaining after a 15 hour day from 10-12% to over 30%. The average Battery Life on reported GSam has increased by an hour and is still going up as time passes with these changes in place.

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

thax for your help bro. but i don't have an sd card because i have 32gb version so it's enough for me

and what is VZWAVSService. ?? i'm not living in US

BKHoward

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, didn't even stop to think about where you live or what cell service you use. VZWAVSService is a preloaded Verizon app that nobody seems to know for sure what it does. Verizon tech support won't even say! Disabling it has had no effect on the phone, however. Disabling it did have a positive effect on my battery life.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Before we go any further, what was the screen-on time, and at what sort of brightness setting?

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
this action has been known to help battery life - especially after OS updates -

Clearing the Phone's Cache Partition:

NOTE: If your phone's performance is low, if the device crashes, freezes etc. then chances are that you're considering applying a factory reset. However, as you might already know, a factory reset will result in the deletion of all personal data stored on the device's internal memory, and it will return the phone's settings to factory values. As such, it's recommended that you first try solving these issues by clearing the phone's cache. By doing so, you won't lose any personal data.

1. Turn off the smartphone
2. With the device shut down, press and hold the "Volume Up", "Home" and "Power" keys
3. After the smartphone vibrates once, release the "Power" key but keep pressing "Volume Up" and "Home"
4. At the "Android System Recovery" screen, release all hardware buttons
5. From the recovery menu, press "Volume down" to navigate to and highlight "wipe cache partition"
6. Press "Power" to select the option
7. After the cache partition has been wiped, a "Reboot system now" message / option will be highlighted
8. Press "Power" to reboot your smartphone

How-to: LG G3: Clear the Cache Partition / App Cache; Reboot in Safe Mode

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

NOTE: If your phone's performance is low, if the device crashes, freezes etc. then chances are that you're considering applying a factory reset. However, as you might already know, a factory reset will result in the deletion of all personal data stored on the device's internal memory, and it will return the phone's settings to factory values. As such, it's recommended that you first try solving these issues by clearing the phone's cache. By doing so, you won't lose any personal data.

1. Turn off the smartphone
2. With the device shut down, press and hold the "Volume Up", "Home" and "Power" keys
3. After the smartphone vibrates once, release the "Power" key but keep pressing "Volume Up" and "Home"
4. At the "Android System Recovery" screen, release all hardware buttons
5. From the recovery menu, press "Volume down" to navigate to and highlight "wipe cache partition"
6. Press "Power" to select the option
7. After the cache partition has been wiped, a "Reboot system now" message / option will be highlighted
8. Press "Power" to reboot your smartphone

thank you bro. for this help i'll try it and tell you the result

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is that your way of saying you can't wipe the cache partition, Hamzeh? I'm confused about that myself. Some say that you can't do a cache partition wipe on the G3, and others say that you can. LGElectronics in another thread recommended an app cached data wipe to a member who wanted to do a system cached data wipe, so perhaps the latter is not easily done.

Any members actually done it successfully?

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

So what key is the home key. I only have volume up/down and power for physical keys.

Those instructions are for Samsung phones, which have a physical home button. Whoever wrote that clearly never tried to follow the directions. To boot into recovery on an LG G3, try this:

How to Enter Recovery Mode on LG G3

Note that this might not work on Verizon G3's you might have to skip step 3 and 4, and just hold the power buttons down the entire time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress