Where's my wallpaper?

Hugo Nebula

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I clicked on an image in a Google+ post, and hit Set Image As.. to use it as my wallpaper. However I didn't save as image before I did.

Now I want to alter it, but I can't find the image on my phone. I've searched for all images but there's nothing there. I can't locate the link in the posts or my history.

Where is the wallpaper image stored?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Did it not get saved directly to the wallpaper locker accessed by a long-press of a blank bit of home screen?

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure, but it's probably in a system folder that you can only access if you're rooted. If you are, check System\sdcard\wallpaper.

If you're not rooted, go back to that post in Google+ and this time save the image, rather than just setting it as your wallpaper.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you probably can't access it. Google+ is kind of funny that way. I think it has to do with permissions. Even if the original poster wouldn't allow downloads I've still been able to set pictures as wallpapers. But when that's the case you won't have access to it

Hugo Nebula

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not rooted. The Google+ post has gone.

I had just hoped someone would have known in which folder the wallpaper was located.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38