Lag from my LG G3 vanished! :D

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Since the Verizon Galaxy S5 had received the Lollipop 5.0 update, does that potentially mean Verizon has optimized their Stock apps for ART, or even Verizon's apps, such as My Verizon, Verizon Cloud, etc? Does that mean, I may want to try and convert to ART on my G3 now (I have a prior post in this thread indicating problems switching to ART on my Verizon G3).

Posted via the Android Central App

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Since the Verizon Galaxy S5 had received the Lollipop 5.0 update, does that potentially mean Verizon has optimized their Stock apps for ART, or even Verizon's apps, such as My Verizon, Verizon Cloud, etc? Does that mean, I may want to try and convert to ART on my G3 now (I have a prior post in this thread indicating problems switching to ART on my Verizon G3).

I haven't tried it since launch day, but I can tell you at that time you didn't want to try and run ART on the VZW phone. If you do try it, I highly recommend a FDR (Factory Data Reset) afterwards, if it doesn't force you into an FDR to switch. If you don't perform a FDR, you might have something that acts wierd on your phone.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Scotty, I did the switch to Art. May take up your suggestion to factory reset afterwards. Performance, like me swyping, seems smoother. However, I have had the phone lock up, screen unresponsive to tap on, needing a battery pull to reboot. Also experienced 2 random reboots. I hate setting up all my apps and folders! ! I know, whiney...lol. I'll keep you posted, after the Factory Reset. I was getting a little laggy prior to this, so it's a good experiment. I also have read, to be patient (an Android user patient? ? ) and let it run for a while to adjust. If I factory reset, does it remember the ART switch?

JeneJene

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm tech talk illiterate so a huge thank you for putting all of that in layman's terms.

I do have a few questions. I switched to ART and changed the animation to .5x. Transition animation is off, animator duration is 1x and simulate secondary is none. Should these all stay the way they are? I have absolutely no idea what they mean.

Also, my LG G3 Vigor likes to randomly and frequently restart. So you think these changes will take care of this incredibly annoying problem?

Thanks!

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, Mr experimental change to ART I my Verizon G3 was a bust. I performed the factory reset afterwards, and it charged it back to Dalvik, so I am no longer running ART...lol. It didn't play well with phone. Wish my Factory Reset kept the ART setting. I do de-check the 'Backup this phone'of Backup and Reset, which may of been the reason it went back to Dalvik. Waiting ever so 'not' patiently on Verizon to deliver the official version.

Jeffinstereo

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey I just joined and JUST got an LG after having ios devices for the last 4 years. And I can confirm that switching to ART on a Verizon device is still a no go. My phone immediately froze, then overheated, then lagged, the just wouldn't turn on. Switched back and it seems fine. I did turn all the animation scales down to .5 and everything seems snappier.

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just switched back from Windows Phone, the OS was nice but almost a year with substandard applications and I ran back to Android. Who could believe that Android had a Facebook app made by Facebook lol

Sent from my LG G3 on T-Mobile

russnash

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I had tried the Art runtime on my Verizon G3 a short while back and also experienced crashing apps and switched back. Must be a Verizon thing.

Since then I decided to flash back to the original 10B firmware, root my phone with stump, installed the TWRP custom recovery and switched to the Illusion custom lollipop ROM. The difference with my phone is immense. So much smoother with better battery life plus I get the lollipop OS.

As far as the warranty is concerned, you can simply flash your device back to the 10B firmware if you need to return it.

T Busby

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
My LG G3 is unlocked, the D855 model running Android 5.0 Lollipop and it is really smooth. I bought it second hand and it had the newest version of Android already installed so I do not know what it was like on KitKat

Last edited:

MildMethod

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
This might be worth a shot too-
forum . xda-developers . com/lg-g3/general/mod-root-rid-lag-g3-t2819365

Had to break up the URL as I havent posted 10 posts to allow me to post links.

markwest1

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Made the biggest mistake by switching to ART. While it made the device just slightly faster, my battery is draining at an extremely fast pace. Before the switch, I was able to use my G3 for 2 solid days on one charge. Now, my the battery drains before my eyes while idling. I switched back to Dalvik, but the battery is still draining at the same quick rate. My G3 is about 4 months old and I'm T-Mobile.

mzdaspd304

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
For those with VZW I found an incredibly easy fix for this and now i'm texting like a champ. The lag obviously being that if you are typing in the word "hello" it would miss the second "L" if you were texting "too fast" or it would just randomly miss letters while typing in a word.

Settings > Language & Input > settings gear next to the LG Keyboard > Additional Settings > Turn OFF pop-up on keypress.

Popping up the letter why typing severely slows down the keyboard. I have just about no lag whatsoever now that I've turned that off. I believe this is what ART is fixing on other phones/carriers by changing (the animation speed?) form 1x to .5x

Hopefully this works for you guys.

Guillem Badia

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for your post, it looks like a good solution. However, the developer menu of my G3 does not show the runtime menu . Do you know what it can be due to? Thank you very much in advance.

Guillem,

Hamza Hp

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Okay,so i read it here that to remove the lag from your Lg G3 device you should select runtime to Art and your phone will reboot taking 20 to 25 minutes but when my phone started rebooting it wont go beyod optimizing apps,like it stopped on 110 out of 185 apps and wont go anyfurther.
I did this on Kit Kat 4.4.2.

Poging Chinito

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I wanted to try this but i cannot seem to find Select Runtime under the Developer Category. I only see Animation Scale.
Can someone tell me what did i missed?

Thanks!
:confused: