How is the battery life? G3

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
How much of screen on time do you get? I'm think that 4-6 hours is good.

This is regular for me. Last night when I plugged my phone in I was at 15%. When I checked my settings, I was on 20hrs 27 mins on battery, with just about 5 hrs screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
How much of screen on time do you get? I'm think that 4-6 hours is good.

I only average between 4-5hrs, I haven't reached 6hrs yet.. due to when I stream Youtube/Netflix or other streaming apps, I maximize my brightness to either 75% or 100%

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed a larger 3900 mAh battery, allowing me not to need a different rear cover and loving it.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Today i've beem using my phone for 23 and a half hours, it's light to moderate use and that include : checking facebook, instagram, email, a little bit of fb messenger, a few phone calls, a few texts, few sessions of clash of clans, and checking the phone, i've been on mobile data for about 11 h and 7 h on wi-fi, no signal for about 2h and 30 min aprox (from my calculation), i have live wallpaper (i don't think it's eating too much battery...) with a "wooping" 3h sot, it's not much but regarding the connections and no signal time i think it's ok, not brilliant but ok. I usualy get 4 h sot with heavy usage and 5h moderate to heavy usage.

Posted from Lg G3

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I had switched to ART and wasn't happy with battery life and have tried back on dalvik and battery seems better. It's a wee bit laggy but not outrageous.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Stupid question,but what is ART?
I'm no expert (read loads of reviews suggesting to switch to this to improve lagginess) ibut it's android run time. I believe lollipop uses this by default.

It's inder developer settings. I didn't do any solid scientific testing just felt like battery was going down way too quick for my liking so switched back to dalvik. I only did that a couple of days ago so it might just be a bit of placebo but it feels like the battery is better.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I got the promo deal - free 3000 mAH battery and charger - and the battery is so good I many never use it! I wish I had saved time filling out all the forms for the promo.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about getting a spare battery and charger, looks to be $21 total on Amazon. Hopefully I won't need it if the battery lasts a full day like all my other phones have.

Posted via Android Central App

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is way better after last update on Verizon. I still feel it could be better. I have around 35-45% normal use,,20-10 heavy use. That may be ok for some,but my LG 2 did better on battery than the G3.

jaypster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
First few weeks were mediocre: 2-3 hours of Screen On Time. Now I get average of 4 hours. Not sure if its because I rooted my phone & installed Greenify or that the battery just needed time to calibrate or break in.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My G3 is getting amazing battery life. My phone comes off charge at 5:45am, and with medium-heavy usage throughout the day i am left with 40% when going to bed round about 10pm. Some days more, and some days less, all depending. However i am rooted and running greenify, Xposed framework with the amplify module (prob where im saving most of my battery). I have also set tasker to toggle my gps on and off with certain apps. Obviously not running ART as Xposed is not supported yet on ART. Also still running the stock launcher with zero lag.

jaypster

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My G3 is getting amazing battery life. My phone comes off charge at 5:45am, and with medium-heavy usage throughout the day i am left with 40% when going to bed round about 10pm. Some days more, and some days less, all depending. However i am rooted and running greenify, Xposed framework with the amplify module (prob where im saving most of my battery). I have also set tasker to toggle my gps on and off with certain apps. Obviously not running ART as Xposed is not supported yet on ART. Also still running the stock launcher with zero lag.

I also have the Amplify mod installed. Btw, I'm running Xposed on ART.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I would double check that if i were you. I know if you try change to ART with exposed installed, it reverts back to Dalvik.

StutterStep

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure this is legit? With this battery you should be able to easily exceed 5 hours if it is rated at 3950mAh. Do you exceed 5 hours on screen on time? There's a lot of batteries on ebay which claim higher capacity and somehow maintain the same physical size as the original battery which is very sketchy. It should also weigh more, does it?

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have also found that charging time is very quick on this phone. I charged my phone from approx 19% to full charge in about 1hr 45 mins. I thought this very respectable. Way better than my old phone!