Apps crashing on AT&T LG G3

Tori Griffin

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got my G3 about 3 days ago. Everything was great until yesterday. My Facebook app all of a sudden started to crash after 5-10 seconds of opening it, and the camera app has started doing the same! I also did an OTA update from AT&T to 4.4.2, maybe this is the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you running ART or Dalvik? If you're on ART, change back to Dalvik and see if that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it only Facebook? Facebook does have some control over the camera, so it'd be helpful if we can isolate the problem to one app. Do you have the most recent Facebook version installed? If so, go to Settings>Apps, select Facebook, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open it, log back in, and see if the problem happens again.

Tori Griffin

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So far it seems to be just FB and the camera. I did already try clearing the cache and data and logging back in, I even uninstalled the most recent update and it still happens.

Tori Griffin

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, it was suggested by someone else that I enter the code to access the hidden menu and turn Camera A+ off? I'm not sure what that is though so I haven't messed with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Too bad about the hassle. I would ordinarily suggest a cache partition wipe, but for some reason, LG doesn't allow users to get to the Recovery Menu on an unrooted device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya