Would you buy again?

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Surely its clear the iPhone 6 is now the best phone. For me iPhones were too small but they have fixed that now and iOS while tightly controlled just works. I would miss knock code but iPhone has finger scanner also camera on g3 good but so is iPhone.

Only down side is the price of iPhone 6

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The reviews of the G3 that I've read have been mixed but. I almost bought one. It's still a flagship phone and I get the impression it performs like one which means it's pretty darned nice.

Nibiru2012

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I have only owned mine for about 10 days. I got it on Ebay for $340 including all accessories and manuals, it is truly in like-new condition!

Previously I had a ZOPO ZP998 which was a decent phone, but when AT&T changed or eliminated a couple of frequencies back in August of 2014, I no longer had 3G service in the Austin TX and Dallas TX metro areas. When I went back to Virginia for my son's wedding in October, I had 3G all the way there and back. That was perplexing and no one at either Straight Talk and AT&T could answer why. I switched to Cricket but the same thing. I still needed a faster connection rather than G-Edge though. So when I found that G3 on Ebay at that price I jumped on it like a duck on a June Bug! :D Called Cricket to let them know the new IMEI and put in my old SIM and as soon as I turned on the phone it was at 4G LTE speeds!

Everything about this phone is spot on! GPS is very accurate, it is comfortable to hold and use. Call quality is excellent on both talk and hearing.
It's lighter and a little smaller in length than the ZOPO.
AnTuTu scores are better than the average for the G3, at least for me.

Buy this phone, you will not regret your decision. Remember though, with all the positive remarks here including mine, opinions are totally subjective. So what works for many may not work for the few.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I think if I had to do it over again I would have gone for the 2nd Gen Moto X. I'll stick with the G3 now though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Note 3 and I like it, but not significantly better.
It gets better phone/data reception but wifi is worse, a lot.
I think the interface is better but whats up with the stupid 5 wide grid size, makes widgets look dumb with the giant gaps. Knock is awesome.
I do miss the S Pen on occasion, I actually think the G3 would be better equipped for the S Pen than the Note 3, for factory apps. The notepad, Qnotes(?), is way better.
Dual screen is worse, Samsung is way better, transparent apps is cool though.
The battery does get warm but nothing crazy. Battery life is better by a couple hours, 8-6 and has about 20% left. The note 3 would be on the charger, however the batteries were a year old.
However, finding batteries and cases is a pain, no one has them locally.
The stock music player is garbage.
The whole interface is smooth with no hiccups. I have had it randomly reboot a couple of times, but outside of my GN3 every phone I have ever had did that, including the almighty iphone.
And the main reason I chose it over the M8 was wireless charging, I am not to worried about a spare battery.
One huge bonus is that Google wallet actually works. So sick of Verizon boning us.

It's a phone I like, but is nothing super special. As to whether I would buy it again, no. The next gens are out now.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 to big for the phone category. And Samsung signal strength always a problem for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, I do think of Note 4 as a 'palmtop' but fortunately have never had problems with signal strength on my S3, S3 mini, S4, Note 2, Note 8.0, Note 3, S5, Note 4 or Alpha. ...knock on wood.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm in albany ny Samsung on Verizon has never been good. But if I didn't have the g3 I probably would have the note

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Even though I have the Note 4 I follow this thread because I'm an LG fan. The G2 was one of favorite devices. As attractive as the G3 can be I'm holding out for the G Flex 2 for my 3rd device. Gonna slap Next launcher on it. The thing I wonder about the G3 is how much of a difference that laser focus makes.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I would certainly get it again. It's amazing. But to be fair, I only got it on Saturday so I guess that's not a lot of experience with it and the G3 and I are still on our honeymoon.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I would certainly get it again. It's amazing. But to be fair, I only got it on Saturday so I guess that's not a lot of experience with it and the G3 and I are still on our honeymoon.

Honeymoons are nice indeed. ...how is the battery life for you so far?

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Would definitely buy it again, this is my very first Android phone coming from years/generations of iPhone and I'm well satisfied about everything this phone has. Thanks LG!

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Honeymoons are nice indeed. ...how is the battery life for you so far?
Great so far. On my first day I set it all up and SOT was pretty high and the battery lasted the day easy. Better than my 2013 moto x. Fortunately I am not a daily heavy user so the battery life should be awesome from what I'm seeing so far.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have my stock G3 set up beautifully! Runs and scrolls quick and smooth! Only problem for me have been the aux port being troublesome with some wired headsets and slow messaging especially when my brother and sister send group messages, ugghhh!! I think its an Android problem because I've experienced this on all my Android devices. Clearing texts seems to alleviate the situation.