Lollipop and Wifi problems

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Recently,when my G3 connects to my home Wifi network, it cant access the internet. No other phones or devices have any trouble with it. I should state that I got lollipop from XDA and flashed it when it came out. I later went to use the lollipop root method and soft bricked it and it got stuck at boot. I then restored back to the same .tot as before. Still, the wifi worked fine. Today I downgraded to stockand let the phone OTA itself up to date. For the majority of the day, it seemed to work fine. I have troubleshooted in several ways, such as: Rebooting the phone, Forgetting and reconnecting to the wifi, restarting my router, resetting my router,and pulling the battery. Yet, to no avail have these worked. To clarify on what it is doing, it will connect to the wifi, and may or may not say that internet is unavailable. Regardless if it says no internet or not, it will either have internet for such a short amount of time to where its useless, or just not have any at all. There are times where it will randomly work for a few seconds again. I also noticed it is disabling itself (Disconnecting from the Wifi, and then it will say disabled). I have looked on the internet and these forums for probable causes and solutions, but have found nothing I have not already tried, or that worked. Any help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
TMobile has pulled the update for that reason (among others), so if you're on TMobile, bring the phone into them and see if they can "downdate" it.

But the fact that LG messed up that ROM tells me that it may be more widespread, and affect other carriers' updates as well.

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am on sprint. But, if that were also the case with sprint, its easier to downgrade it yourself. The thing is, I also had the update that was leaked on XDA for the sprint phones, and it worked flawlessly.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm on AT&T using an international, unlocked G3 (D855) and it updated to Lollipop as soon as I turned it on the first time, so it never really even ran KitKat before. It updated to Lollipop during the initial setup.
FWIW's, I've had no problems at all with it, WiFi or otherwise.

Fred

ralphs60

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Verizon lg g3 has the same problem....wi fi messed up and tried everything as above. They sent a certified replacement with old software which I will not upgrade to lollipop until somebody steps up to fix.....

sarhar77

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded last week and dislike some things. The main thing is the wifi connection. I able to connect to other wifi networks nut not my own personal wifi at home. Help

Posted via the Android Central App

sarhar77

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Verizon lg g3 has the same problem....wi fi messed up and tried everything as above. They sent a certified replacement with old software which I will not upgrade to lollipop until somebody steps up to fix.....

That's a great idea.

JohnSwanson5

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Also try downloading DNSet on the Google Play store, a lot of the problems are because Lollipop wants to connect to WiFi through an IPV6 gateway which, for some reason, doesn't work well with Lollipop, DNSet will force your phone to connect through IPV4. Do I know exactly what that means? No, but it fixed my G3 and all wifi networks work as normal again on Lollipop. Although you won't find a Verizon rep or LG rep that will suggest that.

Jeanfra_182

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I just register to android central to thank you. I been suffering for months with stupid lollipop update, i was probably one of the first since it was so long ago. Now i got my phone back. Do you know any side effect from running this app? I read in a comment of a rating in the play store that it doesnt allow mms since that runs in ipv6, is that true? Not that i care, i use whatsapp.

mtech#WN

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried DNSet on my new S6 Edge+ that came preloaded with Lollipop 5.1.1 (so I can't downgrade to KitKat) and it disabled my texts. Still looking for a solution to being able to connect to a wifi but not being able to load anything (home and work do the same thing...I can connect to the wifi but apps and internet are extremely slow to load or don't load at all). This is BS and a brand new phone should not be having these issues! I'm stubborn though, love the phone otherwise and refuse to give up and return it. There has got to be a fix out there somewhere for the phone, because I can't change my wireless router settings to disable IPV6 or set up separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Tuckerdog348

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issues. If I turn off wifi and turn it back on it works at proper speed for awhile. I also noticed that if I have wifi turned off, wifi analyzer still sees the wifi networks. That doesn't happen with my LG tablet!!! ?????? Something still not right with LG G3's......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa