How can I save text messages on my LG G3?

A

AC Question

how can I save text messages on lg g3

how can I save text messages on lg g3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: how can I save text messages on lg g3

You can sync them off the device with apps like SMS Backup and Restore, and SMS Backup +.

I personally like SMS Backup +. I can read my SMS from a folder on my Gmail inbox on a pc.

SMS are saved on the device automatically, but don't sync to a cloud account afaik. If your device gets damaged, lost or reset they would be lost without a backup.

Also make sure Delete Old Messages is not checked in Settings unless you want to set a cut off point.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: how can I save text messages on lg g3

When you select a backup solution, make sure it will backup both SMS & MMS (SMS are the texts; MMS are the pictures inbedded in your texts). Some backup apps only do SMS. When you post, you should say your carrier. Verizon's Cloud is awesome.

However, for the LG's, explore LG Backup Service, located in Settings=> Backup & Reset. It is super. It allows you to backup EVERYTHING to storage or an SD card (preferred, so you can wipe internal storage). I personally use Verizon Cloud to Backup all my data, and LG Backup Service to just backup just my Homescreen, so I don't have to recreate my Homescreen(s) setup, and folders! !

Posted via the Android Central App

lexchung

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys
The apps saver saver and SD card sound good, especially the SD as I can do a factory reset without losing anything. But I seem to have a problem. My phone recognizes that I have an SD card but the only option it's offering as storage is internal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress