How can I stop my LG G3 from restarting constantly?

Agnes Sandriana

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
How is your phone since you got the new battery?
I have the same problem, mine is restarting constantly even after I reset factory,

please advice what should I do to fix it..
Thank you

Lozj

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I feel it isn't solely a battery problem, as i purchased a new battery and all worked fine for a while (maybe a couple of weeks) but then the problem started up again, i don't know if something is affecting the batteries in the phone but it is very annoying and i cannot keep buying a new battery every couple of weeks.

One thing for sure, i wont be buying another LG!

shubham7agrawal

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Replying to all the posts, I have the same issue tried following:
1. Removed battery for a while
2. removed sim card
3. Removed memory card
4. Hard reset
5. Firmware update (twice)

Post all efforts now I see that yes it may be a battery problem as for 2-4 days it didn't happen when i used Power bank or Direct charging.
But one more suspicion is that it is completely related with last update. How is it possible that suddenly so many users in this community and in youtube have to replace there battery post November.
As of now, the only option seems is to buy a new battery but I'd like to know the actual reason.

loop6719

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
So I am here to update my situation. It is and was the battery. I ordered a battery from ebay (<10) and replaced it in the first week of JAN. and have had no issues since. I did not do anything except replace the battery and all my trouble went away. So before you do any extreme things, try the simplest approach first and go from there.

Jorge Kobec

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi I had the same problem and was the battery, I bought a new one and chaged for 4 hour before turn it on the cellphone and the at the firts time boala!!! no bootloop o circle of restart.

I hope I can help everybody whith the same problem

sebsayss

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem for a while and got a new battery. That battery worked for a few weeks and now it's messed up again. I can't keep buying new batteries, I'm at a loss.

greenlight0226

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps resarting

This was driving me crazy as well. I thought it was the battery but in my case it was not. It seems like the phone kept overheating and kept on rebooting.

So I looked at all the apps that were currently running under Settings ----> Apps. I uninstalled two apps that I rarely use ... specifically "Gas Buddy" and "Dropbox" and that has seemed to solve the problem. I'm not sure if one of the apps has a bug or if the LG G3 does does not have enough RAM to handle all the app processes. You might want to try uninstalling apps that are constantly running until it stops rebooting.

If it wasn't for this major flaw the LG G3 would have been a great phone.

ViolinKnits

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

This was driving me crazy as well. I thought it was the battery but in my case it was not. It seems like the phone kept overheating and kept on rebooting.

So I looked at all the apps that were currently running under Settings ----> Apps. I uninstalled two apps that I rarely use ... specifically "Gas Buddy" and "Dropbox" and that has seemed to solve the problem. I'm not sure if one of the apps has a bug or if the LG G3 does does not have enough RAM to handle all the app processes. You might want to try uninstalling apps that are constantly running until it stops rebooting.

If it wasn't for this major flaw the LG G3 would have been a great phone.

I hoped that would solve it for me - my issue is slightly different http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=637650 but it started with rebooting and progressed to the fading screen and no WiFi within an hour. I bought a new battery. I did a FDR. There's no apps other than the stock and Verizon bloatware. I really don't like being stuck in limbo until August (my upgrade date). I think the manufacturers and wireless companies are in cahoots - if the phones won't last two years, both of them make money.

Posted via the Android Central App

greenlight0226

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site

I think for me it was the "Gas Buddy" app that made my phone reboot all the time. It would mostly reboot when I was driving in the car. I am assuming that the Gas Buddy app would constantly use the GPS resources while moving and thus overheating the phone ... which shuts the phone down and forces the reboot. For me it was not the battery like some of the others who have posted here.

I hope this will help others with this problem, it might be the LG G3 does not handle Lollipop very well ... I'm hoping that Marshmallow will be an improvement.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Both mine and my bfs G3 do this amoung a dozen other issues. Just waiting for upgrades. Never again with LG. Really thought this would be my phone for a long time.

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

My G3 is rebooting at random times. Sometimes I have no issues for days, other times it will reboot a few times in a day. I have had the phone about 18 months. I have Jump from TMobile so I am not sure if to just grab a new battery and hold out for the new flagship or other phone or to go ahead and Jump to a new phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

loop6719

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
for $8 ..try a new battery first..Cleared up my issue..I changed my battery at begining of Jan. and have had no issues at all. And to the person who posted about Gas buddy. I use that app constantly and have had no issues you speak of, so I very much doubt that it is the gas buddy app. TRY A FREAKING NEW BATTERY PEOPLE> BEFORE CASTING DOUBT ON THE LG G3..Worst case scenario you will be out less than ten bucks..but at least you "tried" to trouble shoot your problem instead of just spinning around in circles and posting useless crap up on this board.
I am done with this!

natalwala

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Hi Cerebellio,

I had same problem few months back and replaced the battery. It was working fine untill now but it has started again with the replaced battery now.

Have you faced this repeated problem?

greenlight0226

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have 4 batteries (1 is the OEM and 3 are generic) for the LG G3 they all seem to work fine. There could be multiple problems with the phone, I'm just pointing out what I think was causing my rebooting problem. So far so good since removing the GB app. Maybe the Marshmallow upgrade will solve some of the issues with the rebooting problems.

DB Thompson

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
D-852, Canadian variant. I have had and currently have this exact same issue. This has been an ongoing problem for months. I have 3 batteries; all genuine.
Heads up: Replacing the battery will temporarily fix the issue, but its not permanent. It seems to work for about a month and a half before the phone inevitably goes back to a reboot-loop and I need to purchase a new battery.
Which is where I am at now. Booting the phone while it is plugged in seems to work more often than not, which means carrying around an external battery at all times.I am currently waiting for my fourth battery to arrive and typing this on my tablet.