11-28-2018 07:58 AM
103 1234 ...
tools
    I'm super shocked to see this actually works!

Thanks for the advice!

Today 7/21/16, I had the same issue, and once I put the motherboard in the oven and replaced back into my G3, and it worked perfectly!

I highly recommend this technique.
    07-21-2016 07:48 PM
    Do note if the oven method does work like it has for some of you it is only temporary and your phone will fail again, max probably 6 months
    07-22-2016 09:47 AM
    Ha! So, I put the motherboard in in the oven at 180°C (356 F) for 10 minutes and it's working again!
    Still, the Oneplus 3 is going to be a nice replacement.

I created an account just to comment/reply, THIS TOTALLY WORKED! CAN CONFIRM!
    07-22-2016 03:48 PM
    OMG!!!! I put my motherboard in the oven for the 360 degrees for 10 minutes and let it cool and now my LG G3 is optimizing
    I CANT BELIEVE IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    I have pics of my son in Japan on my phone. Now im just going to save ALL my pics to my desktop pc and my thumb drive. Then save the rest that I haven't already to my sd card on my phone.
    SOOOO VERY GREATFUL!!!!!!
    Will probably upgrade to the LG G4 or LG G5.....funny n I just finished paying off my phone a month ago. Thank god im in the jump program with T mobile.
    07-24-2016 08:33 AM
    Dear every Lg G3 D855 user . i found the solution for blue screen death and also i solved the heating issue while recording .

Main reason is Very poor Solder board and there is no heat sink for flash memory .
    i took out mother board from main unit and i gave 300 degree hot air with smd hot air workstation .for 30 sec
    Remove 2 shield cover that covering Ram which looks big and just opposite of it there is flash memory apply wax on all parts .
    but be carefull if you heat too much board may burn or damage for ever [/B][/B]
    so do this with professional person . there is glass ic also near to flash memory .so do it carefully only for 30 seconds .
    after this keep it aside and let it cool for sometime then. assemble it and it will work 110%.

For heating issue keep a small piece of aluminium sheet you can cut it from any heat sink and keep it on the ic just below the power button
    you has to remove cover which is beneath power button
    Problem solved for ever .
    07-26-2016 05:50 AM
    OMG!!!! I put my motherboard in the oven for the 360 degrees for 10 minutes and let it cool and now my LG G3 is optimizing
    I CANT BELIEVE IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    I have pics of my son in Japan on my phone. Now im just going to save ALL my pics to my desktop pc and my thumb drive. Then save the rest that I haven't already to my sd card on my phone.
    SOOOO VERY GREATFUL!!!!!!
    Will probably upgrade to the LG G4 or LG G5.....funny n I just finished paying off my phone a month ago. Thank god im in the jump program with T mobile.
    My Sprint LG G3 blue screened twice, the 2nd time rendered it useless. No power, no LED, definitely hard bricked. As this was outside of LG's 1 year warranty and not covered by Sprint's repair replacement program, I was forced to the forums across the web. Ive viewed endless posts and Youtube vids. Was about to perform the LG G3 Hard Brick Recovery from the guide on X D A....until i came across this post and the amount of users who actually baked their motherboards. All I can say is.....THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Baked mine for exactly 10 mins @ 360F and let it cool down. Popped in the mobo and pressed the power button.....low and behold the led lit and the screen lit up. Although the battery was at 0%, I quickly swapped for a fully charged spare and powered it and it was back to life....back to reality... I then connected to my PC via USB and it was immediately picked up by Device Manager. Thank you poster and whomever recommended the bake process! You have to give this process a shot before you go down any rabbit holes or chuck the G3 for good. It definitely worked and Im a true believer.
    Mike the welder likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:53 PM
    I can confirm that this has worked for me too. I'm beyond belief that this works but it did for me! Phone was incredibly easy to disassemble (12 screws and some fingernails) and even though my oven timer failed me and it baked for 15 minutes, it powered up like a champ right away! I made the mistake of leaving the sim card in so it's all bubbly but the phone still functions! Thank you guys again for giving me time to salvage my data .
    08-14-2016 05:16 AM
    I just created an account here as well to confirm it work.
    My issue was that suddenly (80% charge) my phone's screen went complete blue and it wouldn't come on. I swapped battery to no avail and also tried all the tricks in the book (holding down power button while connecting to charger without an battery).

Solution: Bake motherboard (only motherboard) in oven for 15 minutes 200 degrees. IT'S INSANE!
    08-14-2016 08:23 AM
    Just signed in to ask you guys that baked their motherboards a question:
    I got the blue screen of death too.
    An important follow up is that I went through an annoying chat with LG but found up they're owning up to the malfunction and will replace the motherboard for free (this is at least here in Canada). I do need to send it to them and it'll take ~7-10 business days.
    They will not recover any of the data though; and I also went to a local fix store and they said it's a complex and expensive fix and no guarantee that I'll get the data. They claim the bake method also requires a re-install of operating system afterwards and that most data will be lost by doing that.

So here's my question: did you guys have to do anything other than baking, cooling and re-assembling?
    Was your data there?
    Is there any visible change to the motherboard?
    Because right now I'm seriously considering trying this method and if it works, downloading all my data and sending them the device to replace the motherboard; except for this malfunction I'm happy with the phone and they've stated the newer motherboards don't have the same defect.

Any comments would be super welcome!

Thanks!
    Dilip Parek likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:17 PM
    Hi Giri,

Mind that it will be at your own risk but just baking will fix the issue and won't damage your data.

I took out just the mobo (without other components) and placed it on a piece of paper (to keep it clean) in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (365F) for 10 minutes. I didn't do anything else after this and the LG G3 has been working ever since. The OS (android) and data was not touched by the heat. I didn't lose anything, no picture, no contact, no setting.

Maybe it doesn't need to be 10 minutes, but longer might damage other things like your data and shorter might not even work at all.

Does that answer your question?

By the way: I dropped my phone when I had the phone for a couple of weeks. I did repair it myself and that's why I didn't think LG would replace my mobo for free.

Kind regards,
    Cor
    09-03-2016 11:50 AM
    Thank you, yes, that does answer my question!
    wish me luck... I'm going to try this ;-)
    09-03-2016 12:00 PM
    Just tried it on my AT&T G3 that gave me the blue screen this morning. Did it at 250 degrees F for 10min, popped the motherboard back in the phone, and it booted up perfectly. How long it will last I don't know, but I'm back up and running and making sure I have everything backed up!
    09-07-2016 01:19 PM
    Baked motherboard for 10 minutes at 180 ° C and it worked. Now 4 weeks later I am getting that blue screen and now the phone is just completely DEAD!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT! ☺ #LESSONLEARNT
    09-08-2016 05:03 AM
    I know this is late but I discovered a fix for the LG G3 "blue screen of death" looping restart problem. It does not require taking the phone apart (just remove the back, battery, sim and SD) and you won't lose your data. Here's how its done:

1. Take the back off the phone, remove the battery, SIM and SD cards.

2. Tape a thin piece of cardboard or tissue to protect sensitive areas (speaker, on/off button,
    volume buttons, camera lens, IR eye, flash led). The process requires high heat.

3. Use a hairdryer on high heat and blow the heat over the uncovered areas for
    ten (10) minutes.

>>>Do not hold the hairdryer in any one place for more than 15 sec.

>>> Do not use the hairdryer on the screen side of the phone.

4. After 10 minutes, allow the phone to cool from hot to just very warm.

5. Replace the battery without the SIM or SD cards inserted, and turn on the phone.
    Your phone should come on to the normal opening screen.

>>>It may take about 2 minutes longer than usual for your phone to startup.
    >>>Repeat the heating process if it doesn't work the first time.
    Let your phone get a little hotter and do not let it cool as much before starting up.

6. After you get your phone working, turn it off, replace your SIM and SD cards and restart.

I don't know yet if this is a permanent fix so you should backup all your photos,
    files and downloads in case the "blue screen of (almost) death" returns.

It worked for me - Hope this works for you!

God bless,
    D. Swarn
    Dilip Parek likes this.
    09-08-2016 08:12 PM
    The high heat method is used often to heal solid state malfunctions. We used this method back in the 1980's when doing repairs on solid state tvs and stereo sets. Its sometimes used as a first attempt but more often as a last resort. NASA, the Navy, Air Force all have similar methods to "heal" solid state malfunctions. Even today, when there is a bricked phone, tablet or big screen TV, the high heat method should always be used before tossing the unit in the recycling bin.

swarndw
    Dilip Parek likes this.
    09-08-2016 08:30 PM
    I know this is late but I discovered a fix for the LG G3 "blue screen of death" looping restart problem. It does not require taking the phone apart (just remove the back, battery, sim and SD) and you won't lose your data. Here's how its done:

1. Take the back off the phone, remove the battery, SIM and SD cards.

2. Tape a thin piece of cardboard or tissue to protect sensitive areas (speaker, on/off button,
    volume buttons, camera lens, IR eye, flash led). The process requires high heat.

3. Use a hairdryer on high heat and blow the heat over the uncovered areas for
    ten (10) minutes.

>>>Do not hold the hairdryer in any one place for more than 15 sec.

>>> Do not use the hairdryer on the screen side of the phone.

4. After 10 minutes, allow the phone to cool from hot to just very warm.

5. Replace the battery without the SIM or SD cards inserted, and turn on the phone.
    Your phone should come on to the normal opening screen.

>>>It may take about 2 minutes longer than usual for your phone to startup.
    >>>Repeat the heating process if it doesn't work the first time.
    Let your phone get a little hotter and do not let it cool as much before starting up.

6. After you get your phone working, turn it off, replace your SIM and SD cards and restart.

I don't know yet if this is a permanent fix so you should backup all your photos,
    files and downloads in case the "blue screen of (almost) death" returns.

It worked for me - Hope this works for you!

God bless,
    D. Swarn
    Hi there,

My G3 blue screen, today. I tried your method twice but my phone still shows the blue screen. The first time I tried it, I let the phone cool to very warm and the second time, I let the phone remain hot.

Any suggestion?
    Dilip Parek likes this.
    09-08-2016 11:27 PM
    Thank you so much! Putting the motherboard (which was SUPER easy to remove) in the oven for 10 minutes at 355 F worked for me! Initially, I tried the hair dryer method (twice) but it didn't work.

Again, thank you!
    09-10-2016 10:24 PM
    Yes, LG customer service globally sucks and service centre in #OMAN #Belltell is pathetic, they dont even respond to you with the issue, and take ages to fix it. Also charge you exorbitant amount, while it fails in less than 2 or 3 months from the time it has been fixed. Spend a lot of money already on the product #LGg3 and tierd of #LG

Never again will buy a LG flagship or a low level phone, worst experience ever, including their software team with no updates for ages.
    10-04-2016 01:47 PM
    This happened to me even after the motherboard was replaced for the 2nd time. I am done with this phone it sucks big time. They need to stop making phones, not only G3 has problem but G4 also , and eventually their latest flagship V10 might have too
    10-04-2016 01:50 PM
    Dear every Lg G3 D855 user . i found the solution for blue screen death and also i solved the heating issue while recording .

Main reason is Very poor Solder board and there is no heat sink for flash memory .
    i took out mother board from main unit and i gave 300 degree hot air with smd hot air workstation .for 30 sec
    Remove 2 shield cover that covering Ram which looks big and just opposite of it there is flash memory apply wax on all parts .
    but be carefull if you heat too much board may burn or damage for ever [/B][/B]
    so do this with professional person . there is glass ic also near to flash memory .so do it carefully only for 30 seconds .
    after this keep it aside and let it cool for sometime then. assemble it and it will work 110%.

For heating issue keep a small piece of aluminium sheet you can cut it from any heat sink and keep it on the ic just below the power button
    you has to remove cover which is beneath power button
    Problem solved for ever .
    Hi, if this works its great, but it doesnt make sense why such high end device has a problem
    10-04-2016 02:05 PM
    Thought my G3 might be scrap after having blue screen problem.
    Luckily, found this forum and baked motherboard in oven.. gas mark 5, for 10 minutes.. reassembled and phone became usable again...
    2 days later, still working well.
    Thanks for the advice.. saved me real money!

Nov 10th 2016.. Update.. Gone back to blue screen problem.. Oh well.. back in the oven!
    10-05-2016 04:03 AM
    Can i ask everyone who baked their motherboards, how long does it last? Is your phone still working?
    10-08-2016 05:52 AM
    My phone went blue on 22 september 2016 and I did the oven thing. Unbelievable, but it worked again. Today, one month later it went blue again. I did the same thing in the oven and it is working again!!! I am happy but I am going to buy a new phone.
    10-19-2016 09:42 AM
    Try replacing your battery. Usually, they have a two years lifespan. When dead for no reason, most likely, is the battery.

Had similar issue, for no reason, went in bootloops. Flashing new didn't fix it.

Replaced the battery, hard reset, then re-flashed it just to be safe.

Worked like a charm.
    10-19-2016 04:33 PM
    I have the same problem

I wanted to test this ROM (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=312968873555005062) Zephyros-7.0-d855-Rallinth-6.0
    Information on the ROM: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10672861...XJtLZNV?cfem=1
    To install, you had to install the ROM, the Bump and then Gapps 7.0
    After the first start, everything went well. I rebooted into recovery to install Gapps. The installation went well, but suddenly the screen went completely blue.
    I removed the battery and reset, started in recovery mode to restore my backup, but the screen becomes blue quickly.
    Now my G3 unbootable
    Even plugged in, no charge light blinks
    What can I do, I'm stuck
    thank you in advance for your help
    10-22-2016 12:23 AM
103 1234 ...