My phone keeps shutting off by itself

Nick Sweet

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
It started off when my phone would just restart once or twice a day, then it started restarting about 5 times in a row. A lot of people I asked said it could be malware, so I deleted a few of my apps that could have infected my phone, but it still kept restarting. It eventually got worse - I should mention I use two batteries for my phone - when one battery is in my phone it just shuts down and I have to remove the battery and put it back in before I turn it back on. The other battery (the original one that came with my phone) won't turn on - it'll show the first LG screen then shut down, and it just keeps doing that, unless i have it plugged into the charger. When its on the charger it will work fine, and for a few minutes after I unplug it, it will work fine, but then it will still shut down. I ended up resetting my phone to factory settings, but the problem hasn't changed. So is it a bad battery or a phone problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum. :)

It sounds to me like two bad batteries.

Posted via the Android Central App

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have kind of the same problem. But doesn't happen so often... It happens after long period not using the phone and sometimes when i'm using the phone (no long period not using it) sometimes restarts and sometimes need a battery pull... Any advice ?

Sent from my G3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress