What is this unknown pin on my LG G3?

A

AC Question

unknown pin on my LG G3

I didn't do anything different on it last night but when I woke up this morning there was a pin set to my phone. It said I had 10 tries, well I use the same 2 pins for everything my whole life, and I have the same 3 passwords for everything as well. I've tried all of them and nothing has worked, I'm down to 1 try left and it gave me a warning it will erase my phone if I fail. I do have my work email on my phone which did require me to set a password in the beginning, but once I was done getting what I needed from it I deactivated the email from my phone so I could take the password off. I haven't used the email for about a month now and the pin I used for it isn't working anyway. Also when I did have that pin set to it the screen looked different than what it looks now, now its just my normal background with a text box for the password in it.

I am out of ideas and I DO NOT want to go through resetting my phone. I have nothing else on this thing that requires a password and no idea why it would activate on its own.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: unknown pin on my LG G3

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure how a PIN could suddenly be required, unless the phone had a major software glitch. You didn't encrypt it or anything, did you?

Koshka_Kissa

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Hello (just made an actual account, this is my question)
No its just standard, I havent done anything special to it like rooting or anything like that.

Koshka_Kissa

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site

Well it would still be nice to know WHY my phone did this and how to fix it in case it happens to someone else. But I tried the lock phone feature on android manager to change the password... Adding a contact number and statement text worked but obviously the password didnt reset because when I tried it it cleared my phone. Extremely irritated right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez