LG 3 and Android 6.0

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
LG G3 is likely a few months from the M update.

If history is any indication, it will be some bizarre rollout starting in some tiny country and when people here in the US start hearing about it, there will be a frenzy for at least another 2 months. Finally it will hit the G3 here and by that time, everyone will be thinking about Android N.

Really, it does have some nice added features, but I wouldn't get too excited. This is now a barely supported old phone by LG standards. Which is why I have gone to a custom ROM. If you are going to use a device this old, it is the only way forward. This is the last update and LG will wash its hands of the phone forever. And LG knows that no one is really watching what they do about the G3 or cares at this point.

If you are really in need of factory support with your phone, I suggest this is the point you think about moving on to a new device.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Still no update for the G3! As you mentioned after you buy their product LG does not care very much about you.Nexus is to go to.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Still no update for the G3! As you mentioned after you buy their product LG does not care very much about you.Nexus is to go to.
MM for the G3 has been released in Poland. Only a matter of time before it trickles down to everyone else. Or if you don't like waiting, you should be able to download it soon and flash it yourself.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

The G3 got lollipop faster than almost every other phone. Now it looks to be one of the first to get marshmallow even though it is a 2 year old phone. You are a fool.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so desperate for marshmallow on the G3. Lollipop is working great and I would not mind waiting even 2 more months for it. The G3 is already an old phone and we are lucky that we will still receive an OS upgrade.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
MM for the G3 has been released in Poland. Only a matter of time before it trickles down to everyone else. Or if you don't like waiting, you should be able to download it soon and flash it yourself.
The Poland users on the G3 can only able to download the upgrade using the PC. No OTA download yet.

anon(8858764)

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so desperate for marshmallow on the G3. Lollipop is working great and I would not mind waiting even 2 more months for it. The G3 is already an old phone and we are lucky that we will still receive an OS upgrade.

I want the memory merge option. Everything else is fluff.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
new g3 i got....only version 5.0. im sad its not 5.1 as i had on my stylo recently/and why are sooooooooooooooo many acting like g3 is worthless now.as i paid 320 for mine.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
new g3 i got....only version 5.0. im sad its not 5.1 as i had on my stylo recently/and why are sooooooooooooooo many acting like g3 is worthless now.as i paid 320 for mine.
I paid $285 brand new T-Mobile version. I love the phone, got the phone since November of last year. It is not worthless, is just that by Android standards, when a phone hit almost two years, the carrier and the phone maker does not release any more OS upgrades. We are lucky that at least we will get marshmallow.

alphakhoa

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hope it won't be worthless like Android 5.0.1. After my LG G3 updated to 5.0.1 around 10 months, a day my phone kept connecting and disconnecting wifi connection frequently. I searched on many forums and met many situation like me, not only with LG G3, but also many models use Android 5.0.1 like Samsung Galaxy S5, Note 4.... Android 5.0.1 is so bad, it is slow, quickly run out of battery.
After I rollback to Android 4.4, my phone work perfectly like before.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hope it won't be worthless like Android 5.0.1. After my LG G3 updated to 5.0.1 around 10 months, a day my phone kept connecting and disconnecting wifi connection frequently. I searched on many forums and met many situation like me, not only with LG G3, but also many models use Android 5.0.1 like Samsung Galaxy S5, Note 4.... Android 5.0.1 is so bad, it is slow, quickly run out of battery.
After I rollback to Android 4.4, my phone work perfectly like before.
I have 5.0.1 as well and yes the battery may drain a little quickly, but is still faster and the WiFi working without issues. The only thing I hope they really need to fix is the over heating when is used for a long time. But the over heating only happens when I have the speaker phone on in a call and surfing the web too.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It will come to VZW G3 in 6 months or so. LG gets it in a few months then 2-3 months for VZW to release it.

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I flashed MM (6.0) Stock to my LG G3 D855 when it was released a few days ago and so far I have to say it's been an improvement. Battery life is incredible, much better than LP (5.0) and Google Now on Tap is great. It's worth the upgrade. Bar the leather back and manual camera, it feels like I pretty much have a G4.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think the G3, as well as other phones from 2014, will have a longer lifespan than the typical 2 year barrier given the technology and updates they currently have.

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the G3, as well as other phones from 2014, will have a longer lifespan than the typical 2 year barrier given the technology and updates they currently have.
Yeah, I hope so. I can understand companies wanting to replicate Apple's success with a high turnover on must-have devices bringing in more money but they monopolise their particular segment of the market.

The Android market segment is saturated with very similar devices from a lot of different manufacturers. It's like a car. If I buy one that is buggy, poorly maintained and feels like an antique in just two years then I'm not going to invest in that make again. If it's still running like a dream in 2 years and the company has a new model out then I'm more likely to consider purchasing from them again.

I've recently become a bit of a fan boy for Xiaomi devices. I have their wristband and their wireless scales. Really inexpensive but actually made to (in my opinion) a really high quality standard. The packaging is beautiful in its simplicity and despite a bit of broken English in the instructions, they're incredible value for money.

I think their phones look really smart too, the only thing that puts me off and will probably keep me with LG is the fact they're still on KK. I might eye one up in the future though if I can custom rom it.

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I flashed MM (6.0) Stock to my LG G3 D855 when it was released a few days ago and so far I have to say it's been an improvement. Battery life is incredible, much better than LP (5.0) and Google Now on Tap is great. It's worth the upgrade. Bar the leather back and manual camera, it feels like I pretty much have a G4.

are you saying you rooted g3 or how did you get ver 6. idiots at boost mobile is my carrier. the stylo got ver 6 a day after i returned it and got g3.......sickening/ will it be months until an OTA brings \update to g3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89