07-09-2016 06:14 AM
182 1234 ...
tools
    Just to confirm guys... I am swapping out of my Note4 to this H815 that I am buying on eBay. Because the sim card is a different size than the Note 4... Will I have any trouble getting AT&T to put a correct card and make it work for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    05-26-2015 02:47 PM
    Order the black H815 version from eBay. Went with the black leather version since the brown version was out of stock. Figured I could buy the brown leather back later if I get bored with the black leather.
    05-26-2015 03:08 PM
    I simply cannot believe how fast my data is on this device! Its just really making me realize how behind Sprint's LTE service has been for me compared to T-Mobile. I'm in New York City....Sprint should be KILLING IT here with their service but they're not. I've been with Sprint for 14 YEARS!! I think the time has come to move on from them.
    Had them for over 4 year through my work. Even when lte turned on in my area the sprint speeds couldn't match at&t. At least now you know

Gosh mine will be here in a few days. So excited!

Posted via the Android Central App
    GrooveRite likes this.
    05-26-2015 04:50 PM
    I simply cannot believe how fast my data is on this device! Its just really making me realize how behind Sprint's LTE service has been for me compared to T-Mobile. I'm in New York City....Sprint should be KILLING IT here with their service but they're not. I've been with Sprint for 14 YEARS!! I think the time has come to move on from them.
    Well you better try it everywhere you plan on going day to day before you switch. I was going to switch here in the Midwest and tried them for a couple weeks and found their coverage abysmal at best....especially inside buildings and away from major highways. I was ready to jump 4 lines from ATT but couldn't deal with the sparse coverage

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.
    05-26-2015 07:03 PM
    Well you better try it everywhere you plan on going day to day before you switch. I was going to switch here in the Midwest and tried them for a couple weeks and found their coverage abysmal at best....especially inside buildings and away from major highways. I was ready to jump 4 lines from ATT but couldn't deal with the sparse coverage

So far everywhere ive been its been pretty reliable! Heck, its been better than my Sprint G3 but thats not saying much I know. I understand verizon and att are the best but their rates are ridiculously over priced, in my honest opinion of course.
    tardus and lrrowley like this.
    05-26-2015 07:32 PM
    So far everywhere ive been its been pretty reliable! Heck, its been better than my Sprint G3 but thats not saying much I know. I understand verizon and att are the best but their rates are ridiculously over priced, in honest my opinion of course.
    Yup I agree with you on the prices but for me it's the price I am willing to pay for the reception I get.

GrooveRite likes this.
    05-27-2015 05:00 AM
    Has anybody used the FM radio? This is a very unique feature. I haven't seen it in an Android phone for years.
    Likely because Google wants everything go over IP so they can get their cut. It's a feature on many Windows phones (I've been told).

I was going to start a new thread but I think not applicable to carrier models in North America.
    05-28-2015 02:22 PM
    Has anybody used the FM radio? This is a very unique feature. I haven't seen it in an Android phone for years.
    Likely because Google wants everything go over IP so they can get their cut. It's a feature on many Windows phones (I've been told).

I was going to start a new thread but I think not applicable to carrier models in North America.
    Yes I have seen it but I haven't had my headset around oddly enough to try it. I'll try it on my commute home in a few if I can remember, lol!
    05-28-2015 02:37 PM
    Just got this version in today and will be testing it with AT&T.
    GrooveRite and mhettrich like this.
    05-28-2015 05:01 PM
    Ok, now that the bloated AT&T pricing is official where is safe place to get the H815? From what I understand there are two phones that use that part number.
    05-28-2015 05:27 PM
    Just got this version in today and will be testing it with AT&T.
    Awesome! Let us know how it goes with AT&T. Look forward to sharing the experience with you buddy! 😃

Thank you James Falconer and the AC/Mobile Nations team for picking some awesome members of this awesome community! I love this place! 😀
    tardus, AndroidHabit and lrrowley like this.
    05-28-2015 05:51 PM
    Awesome! Let us know how it goes with AT&T. Look forward to sharing the experience with you buddy! 😃

Thank you James Falconer and the AC/Mobile Nations team for picking some awesome members of this awesome community! I love this place! 😀
    Haha i thought it was a prank email at first and googled James Falconer to see what was what lol

Thanks GrooveRite i have seen many giveaways and selections all have been spot on. Im thankful and greatful to the mobile Nations team for bringing their honest reviews and AC forums.

I have met some great folks here that like myself have a mad tech addiction :-P

Will be updating my thread daily for those that haven't yet acquired.

05-28-2015 06:00 PM
    Haha i thought it was a prank email at first and googled James Falconer to see what was what lol

Thanks GrooveRite i have seen many giveaways and selections all have been spot on. Im thankful and greatful to the mobile Nations team for bringing their honest reviews and AC forums.

I have met some great folks here that like myself have a mad tech addiction :-P

Will be updating my thread daily for those that haven't yet acquired.

LMAO I too was like WTF??? I couldn't believe my eyes, I responded first and then checked and made sure it was legit.
    Too excited I guess but the email looked legit but very well could have been a hoax or scam.
    Thanks again to these guys, they are amazing and I am proud to be a part of this community.
    05-28-2015 06:40 PM
    LMAO I too was like WTF??? I couldn't believe my eyes, I responded first and then checked and made sure it was legit.
    Too excited I guess but the email looked legit but very well could have been a hoax or scam.
    Thanks again to these guys, they are amazing and I am proud to be a part of this community.
    I get loads of spam but that is filtered so i was half and half but googled then responded.

Even with communication email i was expecting a we got you there didn't we from James lol

They no doubt like to have a laugh or two but why waste their time so rationality kicked in.

I was then at that point thankful and proud in a sense to be welcomed and that with my G3 posts were helpful for others.

So like you again thanks to AC and Mobile Nations.

05-28-2015 06:51 PM
    Ok, now that the bloated AT&T pricing is official where is safe place to get the H815? From what I understand there are two phones that use that part number.
    You want the carrier unlocked one. I think there is only one version. You can find them on ebay

05-28-2015 06:56 PM
    You want the carrier unlocked one. I think there is only one version. You can find them on ebay

Not quite

Turns out the H815 is the closest but for AT&T it's still missing band 29 which likely isn't a big deal, yet?

H815T seems to be missing band 2 which I'm told IS important these days.

The carrier version for AT&T has band 29 so they must have thought that important enough to put in.

Seems none of the versions cover band 30 though.

I decided to go with the carrier version this time.
    05-29-2015 05:33 AM
    It's a shame that it's so difficult to purchase this device unlocked. Maybe, a few months on, it will show up at places beside the bay.
    05-29-2015 05:55 AM
    I am using the LG-H815 model on AT&T (go phone plan) no issues with .
    GrooveRite likes this.
    05-29-2015 05:56 AM
    I am using the LG-H815 model on AT&T (go phone plan) no issues with .
    You had to change the APN to get LTE?
    05-29-2015 07:14 AM
    Not quite

Turns out the H815 is the closest but for AT&T it's still missing band 29 which likely isn't a big deal, yet?

H815T seems to be missing band 2 which I'm told IS important these days.

The carrier version for AT&T has band 29 so they must have thought that important enough to put in.

Seems none of the versions cover band 30 though.

I decided to go with the carrier version this time.
    I ordered the H815 through Clove Technologies in the UK. Reputable seller, and the phone has already shipped. I'd highly recommend them.
    05-29-2015 07:41 AM
    I ordered the H815 through Clove Technologies in the UK. Reputable seller, and the phone has already shipped. I'd highly recommend them.
    Clove are great if your looking for Sim free and despatch is fast.

Enjoy your G4 matey :-)

05-29-2015 07:43 AM
    Clove are great if your looking for Sim free and despatch is fast.

Enjoy your G4 matey :-)

I'm sure I will. I had the G3 for a while, and really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to giving this a spin.
    05-29-2015 07:45 AM
    I'm sure I will. I had the G3 for a while, and really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to giving this a spin.
    Well i liken the G4 to the M9 in the sense that not much changed in design.

Whilst i very much like the M9 for many reasons but not listing as this is the G4 forums lol

The G4 was more assertive in improving what it needed to.

The Camera for example not that the G3's optics were lacking but this is most certainly a step up or two lol

The Screen atleast for my eyes has improved in terms of colour accuracy and brightness.

At this point I'm not finding any negatives worth noting.

The buzzz begins.....yours is on its way :-)

mhettrich and lrrowley like this.
    05-29-2015 07:53 AM
    You had to change the APN to get LTE?
    They(AT&T store) had to change something . I fiqured that what it was though.I had to go to AT&T to get a Sim card anyhoo so thats the original reason I went to the store
    The phone had picked up somethings on its on but they had to manually enter new info and deleted the old info.Then it worked on data, and LTE
    tardus likes this.
    05-29-2015 08:03 AM
    Congrats man and........

.....LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mhettrich likes this.
    05-29-2015 08:10 AM
182 1234 ...