Global unlocked G4 (LG-H815) users....

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I had asked this question in another thread and never got a response; where do updates for an unlocked phone come from? Direct from LG?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I had asked this question in another thread and never got a response; where do updates for an unlocked phone come from? Direct from LG?

That's a good question. They come direct from LG so should arrive earlier than carrier updates. Think about it. For every major udate - from Kitkat to Lollopop for example T-mobile and AT&T have to add their own unique features - for T-Mobile - wi-fi calling, HD Voice etc and this is a bear from a programming standpoint. It is not a trivial exercise. The unlocked global versions - for better or worse - have none of these add-ons so the updates are much faster. But still way behind Nexus updates.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I simply cannot believe how fast my data is on this device! Its just really making me realize how behind Sprint's LTE service has been for me compared to T-Mobile. I'm in New York City....Sprint should be KILLING IT here with their service but they're not. I've been with Sprint for 14 YEARS!! I think the time has come to move on from them. :'(

RoadTripHD

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Just to confirm guys... I am swapping out of my Note4 to this H815 that I am buying on eBay. Because the sim card is a different size than the Note 4... Will I have any trouble getting AT&T to put a correct card and make it work for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Order the black H815 version from eBay. Went with the black leather version since the brown version was out of stock. Figured I could buy the brown leather back later if I get bored with the black leather.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I simply cannot believe how fast my data is on this device! Its just really making me realize how behind Sprint's LTE service has been for me compared to T-Mobile. I'm in New York City....Sprint should be KILLING IT here with their service but they're not. I've been with Sprint for 14 YEARS!! I think the time has come to move on from them. :'(

Had them for over 4 year through my work. Even when lte turned on in my area the sprint speeds couldn't match at&t. At least now you know

Gosh mine will be here in a few days. So excited!

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Well you better try it everywhere you plan on going day to day before you switch. I was going to switch here in the Midwest and tried them for a couple weeks and found their coverage abysmal at best....especially inside buildings and away from major highways. I was ready to jump 4 lines from ATT but couldn't deal with the sparse coverage

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Well you better try it everywhere you plan on going day to day before you switch. I was going to switch here in the Midwest and tried them for a couple weeks and found their coverage abysmal at best....especially inside buildings and away from major highways. I was ready to jump 4 lines from ATT but couldn't deal with the sparse coverage

So far everywhere ive been its been pretty reliable! Heck, its been better than my Sprint G3 but thats not saying much I know. I understand verizon and att are the best but their rates are ridiculously over priced, in my honest opinion of course.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
So far everywhere ive been its been pretty reliable! Heck, its been better than my Sprint G3 but thats not saying much I know. I understand verizon and att are the best but their rates are ridiculously over priced, in honest my opinion of course.

Yup I agree with you on the prices but for me it's the price I am willing to pay for the reception I get.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody used the FM radio? This is a very unique feature. I haven't seen it in an Android phone for years.
Likely because Google wants everything go over IP so they can get their cut. It's a feature on many Windows phones (I've been told).

I was going to start a new thread but I think not applicable to carrier models in North America.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody used the FM radio? This is a very unique feature. I haven't seen it in an Android phone for years.
Likely because Google wants everything go over IP so they can get their cut. It's a feature on many Windows phones (I've been told).

I was going to start a new thread but I think not applicable to carrier models in North America.

Yes I have seen it but I haven't had my headset around oddly enough to try it. I'll try it on my commute home in a few if I can remember, lol!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now that the bloated AT&T pricing is official where is safe place to get the H815? From what I understand there are two phones that use that part number.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got this version in today and will be testing it with AT&T.

Awesome! Let us know how it goes with AT&T. Look forward to sharing the experience with you buddy! 😃

Thank you James Falconer and the AC/Mobile Nations team for picking some awesome members of this awesome community! I love this place! 😀

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Let us know how it goes with AT&T. Look forward to sharing the experience with you buddy! 😃

Thank you James Falconer and the AC/Mobile Nations team for picking some awesome members of this awesome community! I love this place! 😀

Haha i thought it was a prank email at first and googled James Falconer to see what was what lol

Thanks GrooveRite i have seen many giveaways and selections all have been spot on. Im thankful and greatful to the mobile Nations team for bringing their honest reviews and AC forums.

I have met some great folks here that like myself have a mad tech addiction :p

Will be updating my thread daily for those that haven't yet acquired.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Haha i thought it was a prank email at first and googled James Falconer to see what was what lol

Thanks GrooveRite i have seen many giveaways and selections all have been spot on. Im thankful and greatful to the mobile Nations team for bringing their honest reviews and AC forums.

I have met some great folks here that like myself have a mad tech addiction :p

Will be updating my thread daily for those that haven't yet acquired.

LMAO I too was like WTF??? I couldn't believe my eyes, I responded first and then checked and made sure it was legit.
Too excited I guess but the email looked legit but very well could have been a hoax or scam.
Thanks again to these guys, they are amazing and I am proud to be a part of this community.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
LMAO I too was like WTF??? I couldn't believe my eyes, I responded first and then checked and made sure it was legit.
Too excited I guess but the email looked legit but very well could have been a hoax or scam.
Thanks again to these guys, they are amazing and I am proud to be a part of this community.

I get loads of spam but that is filtered so i was half and half but googled then responded.

Even with communication email i was expecting a we got you there didn't we from James lol

They no doubt like to have a laugh or two but why waste their time so rationality kicked in.

I was then at that point thankful and proud in a sense to be welcomed and that with my G3 posts were helpful for others.

So like you again thanks to AC and Mobile Nations.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, now that the bloated AT&T pricing is official where is safe place to get the H815? From what I understand there are two phones that use that part number.

You want the carrier unlocked one. I think there is only one version. You can find them on ebay

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana