I think I have to return this G4 to AT&T (lag)

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
It's unbearable. I was just typing an email in the gmail app and the (google) keyboard lag was beyond ridiculous. At one point the screen showed 5 different letters being pressed and nothing was happening. I waited almost one full second and finally the display caught up. Interestingly its not happening as I type this post using the AC app. Strange. I see others complaining about this as well and I'm not going to be able to put up with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just curious did you try another keyboard? I'm using the google keyboard and have experienced no lag at all. I don't recall lag with the stock keyboard for the few days I used that initially.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using swiftkey but not experiencing that at all. I assume you'd already tried rebooting? Sometimes my devices get a bit of lag after updating apps and having an "uptime" over 80+ hours, so I just reboot and it's fixed. Haven't done it with the G4 though; too new.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I am using the Google keyboard. I'll play around with other options and see what's up. I'm not a benchmark or speed freak and can deal with a reasonable amount of slowness but what I'm describing was insane. I will not keep this phone if I can't fix this.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Google keyboard. I'll play around with other options and see what's up. I'm not a benchmark or speed freak and can deal with a reasonable amount of slowness but what I'm describing was insane. I will not keep this phone if I can't fix this.

I'm using Google keyboard too..or I was since I use that on every device and with vibrate feature on, it lags where you miss letters all the time..it sucks! I turned vibrate off and it was okay. I'm back to LG keyboard and making a lot of mistakes and autocorrect sucks but it's the only keyboard that barely works. I think it has to do with vibrate motor not as good and touch issues. Not sure what it is but I'm with Verizon and picked mine from BB but I'm ready to return it too.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
There have been a few times when SwiftKey would hang for 2 secs after closing whatever app I was using. I gotta pay attention to which app lol

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That's a good point, too. I should mention that I never use the haptic feedback like sounds or vibrations when typing.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Try turning off the haptic feedback and sounds or just try Swiftkey keyboard.. That's what I have found to be the best

Posted with my awesome LG g4

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Trying out SwiftKey for a while. Seems better for sure. I'll update thread as needed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty