A Small Band-Aid to Fix the Touch Screen Issue Until the Update Comes Out

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I know a lot of you got the keyboard update, but I have AT&T and I didn't yet. :'(

I find that when I hold the phone in front of me to text, if I tilt the top of it ever so slightly away from me so that I'm touching the keys at a small angle, the touch sensitivity is 100% more responsive.

I hope this helps someone.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I know a lot of you got the keyboard update, but I have AT&T and I didn't yet. :'(

I find that when I hold the phone in front of me to text, if I tilt the top of it ever so slightly away from me so that I'm touching the keys at a small angle, the touch sensitivity is 100% more responsive.

I hope this helps someone.

It's good that you found a solution that works for you.

Are you only having issues with keyboard sensitivity or with touchscreen sensitivity in general? If it's just keyboard, have you tried out Swiftkey?

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
It's good that you found a solution that works for you.

Are you only having issues with keyboard sensitivity or with touchscreen sensitivity in general? If it's just keyboard, have you tried out Swiftkey?

I'm having issues with the keyboard. I'm using the LG Keyboard. I'm not having trouble with touching icons or anything else.

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
In that case, definitely try the SwiftKey keyboard -- I've read that the LG keyboard lags, especially the word prediction.

I'll definitely check it out. I also discovered tonight that there's an option adjust touch response on the phone, and mine wasn't turned all of the way up. I'm still learning Android. :D

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I hope you understand what I mean. Do you see how that very last thing on that screen is a megaphone with a slider to a gear? Tap that gear.

Posted via the Android Central App

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I hope you understand what I mean. Do you see how that very last thing on that screen is a megaphone with a slider to a gear? Tap that gear.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that setting is the intensity adjustment for haptic feedback not touch input sensitivity.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that setting is the intensity adjustment for haptic feedback not touch input sensitivity.

Yup - I'm pretty sure that's the feedback sound for when you click, not the sensitivity.

Attachments

• 1435545918400.jpg
    1435545918400.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 15

Slytherin_Princess

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm sure you know more about Android than I do, so you're probably right. What's the difference, though? Wouldn't the touch on the keyboard be the same as the touch when you touch an icon?