Lg g4 battery life ?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I hope standby time on the g4 is good. It's terrible on my Nexus :-(

One of my favourite things about this phone is the standby time; with my old Note2, I knew that when I hit 30% I had either better find a charger or else put it in battery-saving mode with brightness turned down to 10% -- otherwise the battery was going to be dead for when I next wanted to use it. On this phone, when it hits 30%, it's going to stay around that for a long time to come.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly. There are many launchers. You can change themes and icon packs. You can change keyboards. You'll very much enjoy Android. Hehe.

I hope standby time on the g4 is good. It's terrible on my Nexus :-(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Normal standby for me is about 18hrs

txsizzler

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have gone over 31 hours standby, with just under 5 hours SOT, and still had 20% battery left! This phone has AMAZING standby battery life!!

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
i want to buy a lg g4, but i am reading some reviews saying that the lg g4 battery is bad and the s6 has a better battery life, any g4 user can help me with his battery life experience ?
I had the Samsung S6 and now own the LG G4. YMMV. But for me, comparing the S6 to the LG4, the S6 has worse battery life. The standby on the S6 was bad. I would leave my S6 overnight at 100% and would wake up to 70%. In comparison, I can leave the LG G4 at 100% overnight and wake up at the lowest at 96%. My S6 wouldn't make it by five pm with power. I can easily get twelve hours with the G4 during the day.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery life on my Verizon G4 has been oddly mixed. For instance, last night I managed an hour and a half of SOT only using 20% battery. That seemed pretty darn good to me. But then, leaving the phone overnight, I lost like 15% overnight. Very odd. Why would a phone lose so much power overnight?

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
After my first week of usage, I'm averaging around 5.5hrs of SOT, under many different kinds of usage patterns (i.e. moderate to heavy, robust use of video or web browsing, etc.). That figures to about 12-14hrs before returning to the charger daily. Overall, I have been using it a lot more heavily than I will once I settle into a routine, so I wouldn't be surprised to see battery life improve more yet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery life on my Verizon G4 has been oddly mixed. For instance, last night I managed an hour and a half of SOT only using 20% battery. That seemed pretty darn good to me. But then, leaving the phone overnight, I lost like 15% overnight. Very odd. Why would a phone lose so much power overnight?
You can run wakelock Detector,would help you troubleshoot

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/540884-wake-lock-detector-works-g4-no-root-required.html

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Happy with today's usage.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7598.jpg
    7598.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 7600.jpg
    7600.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 124

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This was yesterday into today's usage. almost exactly 4hrs SOT at that point, including the previous 2 hours before capturing the screenshot this afternoon. overnight it used 1%/hr.
uploadfromtaptalk1436132077438.jpg

if this usage continues I'll be happy considering the removable battery coming from lg and the quick charge charger I ordered from Amazon. These figures are no where near the 50 hours/3hrs sot I routinely got on my g2 when new and running JB and without hardly doing any battery management, but I won't be complaining.

it's rare I get 4 hrs sot. weekdays it's closer to 2 than it is to even 3 hrs, but then I also pair my pebble for 10 hours. with the quick charge dc charger I also ordered I expect the phone to be over 60% just from the car ride home every day. haven't experienced quick charge yet, but if it's as good as ppl claim my 45 minute commute home with gps, music, 2 or even 3 bt devices, and full screen brightness should net me more than the +5-10% I've been getting on the g4.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Bonovox72

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
What is your brightness setting on the screen?? I find that the battery stays on 100% for nearly an hour depending on usage and yes standby time is fab. But since Marshmallow it is worse when your using it I find it drains faster than Lollipop for sure. I miss those days of the LG G2 battery. If this phone had a 1080p screen the battery life would be insanely good. Most I get is 3 hours of SOT. I am not sure if it's just me or not but I think image quality looks a little more noisy and grainy since MM update

freestaterocker

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I think you need to tweak this phone (like any other) to get the most out of it. I disabled a lot of apps that came from VZ, and also Google which were sucking my battery dry (Hangouts, Chrome).

Last night I went to bed with 15% remaining, 4.5 hours of screen time, 1:45 talk time and some of that in bad areas with poor coverage. The first few days I didn't even make it past 6:00pm before it ran out of battery.

I'm not a power user though, no games, no social stuff (Facebook, Twitter), mostly surfing/text/weather/phone/email/calculator/calendar.

What kind of tweaking? Do you need any particular apps? I just got one today. So far, I'm not impressed. I don't even have it activated yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez