Really Bad Call Sound on LG G4

mge1201

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Appreciate the logic, I'll test it out again in a different area. No sound issues on my end, most calls sound great. Also, how does the phone determine when to enable/disable HD calls? Sometimes I notice the icon toggles.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just left AT&T. They heard the sound. Changing the SIM didn't work, so he put a note on my account and now I have to call warranty.

At least I'm not crazy with the sound. 😉

Thank you!

-Erin
If you're within the 14 buyers remorse period return the G4 and rebuy a new one. Warranty will be sending you a refurbished G4. Refurbished phones can have issues and then you're wasting a lot of time dealing with the next replacement. I know, I'm doing that right now as I'm waiting for my second warranty replacement due to touch screen problem. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the logic, I'll test it out again in a different area. No sound issues on my end, most calls sound great. Also, how does the phone determine when to enable/disable HD calls? Sometimes I notice the icon toggles.

My carrier doesn't offer HD calling, but from what I saw earlier in this thread turning it off may help call quality... but may have other downsides.

Anyways, I wanted to say that I wasn't discounting your bad call experience; I just think that all phones occasionally have bad call connections and there are tons of things that can go wrong in any given call.

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You can turn on Adapt sound to get better sounding phone calls on the Galaxy S5, which can also combine with noise reduction to deliver a better phone call experience.

Go to Settings -> Sound -> Call -> Personalize call sound. Pick Adapt Sound for an automatic mode or clear if one of those sounds better.

With Adapt sound you’ll place headphones on and listen to some tones to tune the Galaxy S5 to your hearing. The process takes a few minutes.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Twice now I have had my G4's phone earpiece speaker basically not work. It is either totally silent, or just crackles a bit.

The first time was when I transferred a call off of Bluetooth in my car, back to the handset. I heard nothing, but it was fine when I sent it back to BT.

And just now I noticed it again. Tried to listen to a voice mail, no Bluetooth, and realized the earpiece speaker was doing nothing. Crackled a bit when I called a number and something answered. But I put it on speakerphone, and it was fine.

Rebooted, and it's OK now. But geez, for a PHONE, that is not impressive at all.

I have Verizon, with Advanced Calling enabled.

onebeanshy

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Well, update on me. I got my replacement phone today and the same thing. I called 3 people and the sound was awful. I'll be calling AT&T tomorrow. Not sure what to do at this point (I'm sure there is nothing). My husband offered to give me his Galaxy S4 and will take the G4, but I love the phone with the exception of the call sound. I'm torn.

Thanks for all the help!

lashing

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. The sound quality is awful on the G4. My iphone sounds fine. The G4 sounds like a tunnel and no low end in voices at all. People sound like kids and there is distortion too. Its not just you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty