Battery not charging to full 100%?

Cmo511

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The past week..when i put my phone on the charger at night.. I'm waking up to only a 65-70% charge. Thats as far as it gets. I've tried changing from the stock cord.. To my alternate (new) cord.. And nothing. I have three extra battery's and all are doing the same. I'm also dealing with a significant amount of heating up of my phone too. All apps are closed frequently and especially before bed. Any ideas why this would be happening out of nowhere? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's strange.

If you have tried different cords, batteries and have done it for days, I would say swap it for another one.

Have you tried rebooting?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
The past week..when i put my phone on the charger at night.. I'm waking up to only a 65-70% charge. Thats as far as it gets. I've tried changing from the stock cord.. To my alternate (new) cord.. And nothing. I have three extra battery's and all are doing the same. I'm also dealing with a significant amount of heating up of my phone too. All apps are closed frequently and especially before bed. Any ideas why this would be happening out of nowhere? Thanks

I had the same thing happen when I was using an apple charger, but im guessing that's not what you're doing. Stock charger?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone charge 100% overnight if you turn it off and then charge it while it's off? Then you can rule out charger/cable issues, and you'll know it's software-related.

Cmo511

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having all sorts of weird thing happen now. And I've already swapped out phones. Ugh. The day after I wrote this.. I took my phone to work.. And used the outlet there. (with stock charger). It flew up to 100%...then actually stayed charged for wayyyyy longer than it ever has in weeks. (I've been dealing with severe battery drainage.) Now... At home....i just use a different outlet and it charges to 100%...so maybe it was just the outlet?
As far as battery drainage.. Still happening... But it's the nature of the beast I guess.
I can't believe how many bugs I've had to try to figure out how to fix with this phone. It's a love/hate relationship now. Lol

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am having all sorts of weird thing happen now. And I've already swapped out phones. Ugh. The day after I wrote this.. I took my phone to work.. And used the outlet there. (with stock charger). It flew up to 100%...then actually stayed charged for wayyyyy longer than it ever has in weeks. (I've been dealing with severe battery drainage.) Now... At home....i just use a different outlet and it charges to 100%...so maybe it was just the outlet?
As far as battery drainage.. Still happening... But it's the nature of the beast I guess.
I can't believe how many bugs I've had to try to figure out how to fix with this phone. It's a love/hate relationship now. Lol

You mean it stayed at 100% for a long time after unplugging? That's normal for this phone. We were all amazed at the standby in the beginning too. Turns out (although it does have good standby) LG's implementation of Android in this phone has the battery percentage stay at 100% for far longer than other phones. You'll see it start dropping faster once it hits below 100.

Sounds like it was just your specific outlet that had the issue. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress