LG G4 FM Radio Chip / verizion

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Of course, if the FM Radio has been disabled on carrier versions of the phone, you could download an FM radio app, but you would have to use data to use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I would think the amount they'll make from data usage on it outweighs the pettiness customers will see it as, but guess not.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fm radio doesn't work. I tried to install the fm radio app from the h815 and it didn't work.

HiPlains

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes the LG G4 does have an excellent FM tuner. I use it all the time. Reception is great as well and the tuner software works perfectly. Only catch, you have to buy the unlocked one on Amazon and it will only work with GSM carriers like T-mobile and ATT. This is how the G4 was meant to be without any carrier bloatware. LG smartworld also works and the unlocked version includes a very nice pair of LG beats earphones. It's such a great phone that my wife had to have it. So I bought another one on Amazon. They cost about 400-420 dollars on Amazon. I would never consider a carrier version of the G4.

Geoffrey

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually you CAN indeed use the FM radio receiver with the Sprint enabled G4. Anyone with a Sprint G4 can download NextRadio, and it works fine.

Posted on my LG G4 via the Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
All US carriers do not allow access to the FM transmitter for a oblivious reason. Quite befuddling

Posted via the Android Central App

There's actually a simple reason, money. They'll make more money off of their strategic partnerships with apps like TuneIn Radio than they would serving their customer base by addressing their desires.

I really wish my area was better served from a signal standpoint so I could drop VZ. Other than their cell towers, there's nothing I like about the company and they know most people feel that way.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Too bad carriers can pay companies like LG to allow them to disable hardware features like the FM Radio
:mad:. Carriers should be hands off any part of the phone's original design!

Last edited:

HiPlains

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Too bad the unlocked H815 does not work on Verizon. It's the best version of the G4 with zero carrier bloat and the LG FM app intact. It works great on T-mobile. Not sure why T-mobile also disables the FM chip since many of their plans offer free music streaming. But the plan I have does not it only gives me 2GB a month. So I guess they disable the FM chip to get people like me to pay another 10 dollars to get the free streaming. Luckily I got back at T-mobile with my wise purchase of the H815 international version. It works with my vodaphone sim when I go to Fiji. Takes 2 minutes to get on their service. Love this phone.