General questions G4 vs. G2

tgeorgiou

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
There was some features on the G2 that I liked a lot that are missing on the G4. Wondering if they really are missing or hidden somewhere.

1. Volume for calls and messages were separate on the G2. Seems like they are combined for the G4.

2. Shutter sound on Camera cant be turned off?

3. For the 3 quick keys on the bottom on the G2 there was a 4th button for menu. No menu quick key option for the G4?

4. Seems like the G2 battery was better, but apparently they are saying its because of the new features and better screen on the G4.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
1) Yes, they are, under the "Ringer" section.
2) You can. Mute the phone to make the shutter quiet, though some models might have it disabled for privacy reasons.
3) No, the menu button on the navbar is gone. There's no option for it either. They've gone the same route as all the other phones and have the menu on the top with 3 dots and the "hamburger" menu on the left.
4) The G2 has better battery life mainly due to the fact that the G2 has a 1080p display while the G4 has a 1440p display. Battery life on the G4, however, is good and consistent.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
3) I thought the menu button was lost even on the G2 with the Lollipop update. In any case, you can still access menu with a long press of the multitasking button if you don't want to use the 3-dot button.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Holding the square button on the bottom right brings up various menu's. From the home screen you can access settings, apps/widgets, home screen settings and lock screen settings. From certain apps, it depends on how they are coded. In some of my apps, it brings up a full menu, in others, it opens the three dot menu.

One of the things I miss most from my G2, is the screen keep alive function that watches your eyes.

Battery on my G4 is MUCH better than it was on my G2 AND I can swap batteries if needed.

Extra storage via SD card is a huge plus for me.

David

tgeorgiou

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the info guys!

Yes, even after the update on the G2 the menu button was still there.

It's funny how the smallest things on your older phones make such an impact when you get a new phone and they aren't there anymore. Then of course you get used to the new phone and 2 years down the road you start all over lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87