LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesn't. How can I get my wifi working?

A

AC Question

LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesnt.

The Wifi sign keeps flashing but I cannot turn off the WIFI. It says Turning Wifi On but it does not and does not show any wifi routers.The button wont slide to off.
I have tried to reboot to factory reset and also removing the battery & restarting.
Any ideas.
It is a new LG G4 Dual Sim.
Thank you

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G4 The WIFi sign keeps flashing and says Turning Wifi On but doesnt.

The Wifi sign keeps flashing but I cannot turn off the WIFI. It says Turning Wifi On but it does not and does not show any wifi routers.The button wont slide to off.
I have tried to reboot to factory reset and also removing the battery & restarting.
Any ideas.
It is a new LG G4 Dual Sim.
Thank you

That's the first I've heard of that problem; I'd take it into your carrier and get them to look at it. From some googling about a month ago (to help someone else out with an odd WIFI issue... http://androidforums.com/threads/sim-card-wifi-problems.738513/ ), I think the SIM card may be at fault.

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I was just going to post this thread. This is happening to me also. Exact same thing. About to return the phone. I can't even use wifi because it's stuck flashing trying to turn on.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

We have seen this on phones at our Sprint store. We've been exchanging them if they are in their two week return window, or sending them to their local Sprint repair center if they are more than 14 days out (as long as they have insurance, otherwise they have to contact LG)

I tried double hard resetting the first device I saw with this issue, and the issue persisted.

Posted via the Android Central App

dbwyld

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing the exact same issue for about a week now. LG G4. Constantly blinking with no way to stop it or actually connect to Wi-Fi.

Jeremy Nelson4

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am now on my third phone in 40 days.

Every 2 weeks or so, the wireless and bluetooth will stop working. They will either not turn on at all, or be stuck in turn on mode.

I have done hard resets, factory restores, removed batteries, even decharged batteries.

I have removed sim cards, removed sd cards and done everything I can short of rooting the phone.

I have to keep total equipment protection on the damn phone because every 2 weeks like clockwork the wireless and bluetooth stop working.

I take it into the sprint store, they dunno how to fix it, and they order me a new phone.

I actually asked the guy at the sprint store, if this happens again, how many LG G4 phones they are going to let me have before I can just request another similarly priced phone.

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
If this happens to mine again, I'll be pissed. Happened once and had to return the phone already. Happened 5 days from buying the phone new. Since I originally bought the phone on the 3rd and then replaced it on the 7th, do I get another 14 days starting from the 7th with the replacement phone or does the 14 days end today? Thinking about getting the Samsung Edge plus now. :(

wafa510

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Mine just did the same thing. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth stopped working and Sprint recognized my phone was a lemon and replaced it. I just picked up the new one today. It's like night and day when you get one that works properly. Sprint tried to fix the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues but couldn't. As long as you have insurance they will replace the phone.

Shiv Upadhaya

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys today I faced this issue while connecting to my wifi, I restarted the device it didn't worked then I opened the back and pulled the battery out for 5 minutes when I turned my device on the WIFI was off and when I tried to turn it on again it started blinking again, after calling the LG Customer Support they said me to do little things and it's working again!
SO heres what to do
goto Settings-General Tab-Apps then clear the data of these selected items mentioned below.
1) Config Updater
2) Download Manager
3) Google Account
4) Play Service
5) Play Store
6) Framework (Well I couldn't find it on my Phone)
7) Home
8) Setup Wizard
9) Web Services
10)Settings

Clear all the data of these selected settings and I hope it will work. God Bless All of you And may God bless our Phones.
Peace.:)

Last edited:

Flavio Maselli

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the steps suggested by AMShiv Upadhaya on my LG G4, but had no luck. How is it possible for Sprint to sell a phone that doesn't work the way it was supposed to?... This phone is a major rip off! :'(

08-28-2015, 08:54 AMShiv Upadhaya
Hello Guys today I faced this issue while connecting to my wifi, I restarted the device it didn't worked then I opened the back and pulled the battery out for 5 minutes when I turned my device on the WIFI was off and when I tried to turn it on again it started blinking again, after calling the LG Customer Support they said me to do little things and it's working again!
SO heres what to do
goto Settings-General Tab-Apps then clear the data of these selected items mentioned below.
1) Config Updater
2) Download Manager
3) Google Account
4) Play Service
5) Play Store
7) Home
8) Setup Wizard
9) Web Services
10)Settings

Clear all the data of these selected settings and I hope it will work. God Bless All of you And may God bless our Phones.
Peace.

Tyson Joubert

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
This morning my phone installed a OTA software update and since my WIFI no longer works. When I turn the wifi on the icon pulsates on and off then after a few minutes it switches off again, If I go into settings and try switch it on it says wifi switching on and then blanks out the on/off until it shows off again. I have yet to be able to switch it back on at all since the update.

Just to add the above solution I tried without success. I definitely think it is a software issue as it was working fine before.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I have had to replace a few G4's at work due to this issue. I've assumed it was a hardware issue actually, because even hard resets didn't solve the problem.

daved31415

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with my Verizon LG G4 but it is intermittent. The WiFi will work for a period of time but once the WiFi icon flashing starts I have only been able to get WiFi working again by rebooting. Once there was no icon flashing but tapping on the available WiFi networks seemed to do nothing.

WiFi has worked find for the 2.5 months that I've owned the phone. I did not see a message that the phone updated. My wife said her AT&T S5 updated yesterday. I'm not sure how to check when the last update was installed but I'm guessing there was something recently.

daved31415

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
A day later and I have only been able to maintain a WiFi connection for a minute or two all day. Using my Chromecast is no longer possible with the LG G4. Been using an only Samsung S3 and a laptop. This is why I don't like to let phones automatically update. I have no doubt that this issue is related to an update.

When people are exchange phones again and again and yet WiFi worked flawlessly for months. Am I supposed to own two different android phones at all times to have redundancy?

Jessica Woychowski

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I just tried the steps suggested by AMShiv Upadhaya on my LG G4, but had no luck. How is it possible for Sprint to sell a phone that doesn't work the way it was supposed to?... This phone is a major rip off! :'(

08-28-2015, 08:54 AMShiv Upadhaya
SO heres what to do
1) Config Updater
2) Download Manager
3) Google Account
4) Play Service
5) Play Store
7) Home
8) Setup Wizard
9) Web Services
10)Settings

Peace.

This sounds like all sorts of bad news