Im thinking of getting an LG G4 three things are holding me back...

cooperb21

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
1. Speaker placement. Im not sure how it is i heard speaker is sounds good but when im playing games will it get int the way and i need to hold it differently and weird or play naturally?

2. On screen buttons im not sure much i would enjoy them since alot of games i have seen they dont go away wont this cause problems are your trying to play a game on a screen but part of it is a button?

3. Buttons on back. Im not sure if i would hate or like this so far every phone i have used has had them on the side.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi cooperb21.
I have never had any problems blocking the speaker white playing games. It gets really loud if you need it to. I think you'll be fine holding it naturally.

The on screen buttons can be set to go away on any app you choose and you can bring them back by a swipe up from the bottom. Just set them to not be shown on your game apps.

As far as the back buttons I think that's subjective. You'll have to try it out to see. I got used to them quickly and now don't see why everyone doesn't place them there.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I was skeptical of certain things as well. As far as gaming, the speaker for me is loud as all holy hell and scares the crap out of me pretty often. Having your hand over the speaker probably won't hinder it much.

For two, the buttons slide out of the way on certain apps, either that or the screen adjusts so that the buttons are outside of whatever area is being used.

Lastly, the buttons on the back are somewhat different to get used to. I came from an S5 and now to this day I find myself feeling for the lock button on the back of other people's phones. It's become that much of a second nature.
I would suggest getting one and trying it out. With carriers you have a 14 day return period so you can try it for a few days and return it if you're not crazy about it. Hope this helps 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

cooperb21

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi cooperb21.
I have never had any problems blocking the speaker white playing games. It gets really loud if you need it to. I think you'll be fine holding it naturally.

The on screen buttons can be set to go away on any app you choose and you can bring them back by a swipe up from the bottom. Just set them to not be shown on your game apps.

As far as the back buttons I think that's subjective. You'll have to try it out to see. I got used to them quickly and now don't see why everyone doesn't place them there.

I was skeptical of certain things as well. As far as gaming, the speaker for me is loud as all holy hell and scares the crap out of me pretty often. Having your hand over the speaker probably won't hinder it much.

For two, the buttons slide out of the way on certain apps, either that or the screen adjusts so that the buttons are outside of whatever area is being used.

Lastly, the buttons on the back are somewhat different to get used to. I came from an S5 and now to this day I find myself feeling for the lock button on the back of other people's phones. It's become that much of a second nature.
I would suggest getting one and trying it out. With carriers you have a 14 day return period so you can try it for a few days and return it if you're not crazy about it. Hope this helps ������

Right now im debating between the Note 5 and LG G4. My local store only had LG G3 on display so i only had that to compared to Note 5 whichw as there. How big difference is there in G3 and G4?

Right now im leaning to G4 since i wont use the S pen and its about 200-250$ cheaper. Plus samsung phones seem to glitch in alot of older games on Android i noticed since most games are optimized for snapdragon.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my G3 for the G4. I loved my G3. I'm loving my G4 these days now that my earlier issues seem to be gone. The camera is sick. The design is better on the G4 too. The back buttons are easier to identify by touch on the G4.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Right now im debating between the Note 5 and LG G4. My local store only had LG G3 on display so i only had that to compared to Note 5 whichw as there. How big difference is there in G3 and G4?

Right now im leaning to G4 since i wont use the S pen and its about 200-250$ cheaper. Plus samsung phones seem to glitch in alot of older games on Android i noticed since most games are optimized for snapdragon.
There's about a half inch of difference in physical size or less. The G4 is much more powerful than the G3, and the note 5 doesn't let you take the battery out if it needs replaced.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
1) speaker - never had a problem with it getting covered. I'd rather have front firing speakers but this is sufficient.

2) can't help you there I don't play games

3) once you get used to the buttons on the back you'll wonder why the side buttons are even a feature on other phones...totally natural for me and I love them. IMO anyway.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I was also worried about these things. You get used to the back buttons. I had a note 2 and this phone is a great phone. No lag to this date. With Samsung phones, there is a considerable amount of lag. The speaker is very loud and you can set when the on screen buttons go away in certain apps. I think they automatically go away in games if I am not mistaking.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Back buttons are nice because I never accidentally press them when holding the phone, and always know where to find them. Also, you can program the volume up and down buttons to quick launch things when the screen is off. By default, the volume down button launches the camera, and with an app, I programmed the top button to launch the flashlight.

Sevenmack

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
1) Speakers: Nice and loud with good sound. If anything, because the phone is slightly curved, the speakers may actually seem louder.
2) As others have said, on-screen buttons can be customized to your liking. Currently, I use the basis set-up. But I can easily seen changing them over in due time.
3) Back buttons are awesome. There is no reason why other phone makers don't follow LG's example. The back buttons make the phone easier to hold and operate, especially when you want to use the power button instead of doing Knock-On. You will get used to the back buttons -- and come to disdain phones that don't have them.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

I went from g3 to g4. It is def an upgrade. I got the g4 just before the note 5 came out. I wouldn't say I had buyers remorse but it made me wonder. Did you end up making a decision?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've not noticed an issue with covering the speaker.

For the onscreen buttons, you can choose to hide them on specific apps, even ones that don't come coded to hide them. In the menus, go: Display->Home touch buttons->Hide Home touch buttons. Then pick the apps you want them to hide on.

As for the buttons on the back, I find that I prefer them there.

All that said, if you plan to game a lot, the Note 5 has a more powerful gfx package for gaming.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The only downside of gaining on the g4 is that it will drain your battery fast and if you plug it in while playing them, the phone will be hot.