My LG G4 crashed and I can't reset it! Help! What do I do?

A

AC Question

My LG G4 crashed and I can't reset it! Help!

Today my phone crashed. It started lagging and restarting over and over. At first I thought it was because of not enough storage space but now I think it might be virus.
When it started I kept getting a message about Whatsapp so I uninstalled it and Deleted some photos but nothing changed.
As a last resort I tried to reboot it in safe mode and wipe it clean but the second time it asks if I can confirm and I click "yes" the screen freezes and it restarts again. What to do here please?!

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I've rebooted/reset it and erased all data but it's still restarting over and over. What else can I do??

Probably got a virus or something stuck in the bootloader they used to be called Rootkits which means the virus would stay on the system regardless of recovery or not because they are so hard to remove and are almost impossible to detect

The phone is most likely gone :/ any chance of returning?

thraashman

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you recently update to Android 6.0? The version update turned my phone into largely a paperweight. Unfortunately mine is only 2 months old and I bought it on eBay so no real recourse for replacing mine. Looks like I'm out $300. So far as I can tell there's no fix for the software update bricking your phone. I've been looking for 2 weeks.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Something tells me it's not a virus.

But the now-infamous bootloop issue.

Ditto. The boot loop problem the G4's are known for is a hardware issue, so there's nothing you can do from a software standpoint (deleting apps, resets, etc) to address it. One thing you can try is putting it in the freezer for about 15 min before booting. The issue is the result of a bad electrical connection due to heat expansion. Keeping it extra cool keeps the connection closed and usable. If this trick gets yours working again, keep it in the freezer while you back everything you need up. Then file a warranty claim.

This is most common on devices manufactured from May to August of 2015, but I've seen a few reports of devices made outside of that date range being affected too. Mine included.

gcaver2

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: My LG G4 crashed and I can't reset it! Help!

Same happened to both my husband's and my phone. You have a one year manufacturers warranty on it. I contacted LG online and they gave me an RMA number to send both to them for repair or replacement. They replaced both phones free of charge. Problem was that it took about 10days total. We have Sprint who gave us loaner phones to use although we do not have insurance through Sprint. Our devices are insured with Squaretrade.

gcaver2 via Android Central

geeyesgee

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: My LG G4 crashed and I can't reset it! Help!

I also had same problem of rebooting loop after MM update. Since its under warranty, took it to LG Service Centre and it found out to be hardware issue. They just replaced the motherboard and it became alright.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you recently update to Android 6.0? The version update turned my phone into largely a paperweight. Unfortunately mine is only 2 months old and I bought it on eBay so no real recourse for replacing mine. Looks like I'm out $300. So far as I can tell there's no fix for the software update bricking your phone. I've been looking for 2 weeks.

Upgrading to MM doesn't turn G4's into paperweights. Most likely you bought a defective phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non