what are some problems yall are experiencing with 6.0?

iresq

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Had heat and battery issues, probably caused by incompatible app. Was never able to track it down. A clean installed cured and all is well. Loving the new battery life.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
After sending and receiving several texts my sound gets wonky. Not all screen sounds work and when I tap on some keys I get sound, but others, I don't. Not a screen issue though as the keystrokes go thru. Also screen swip sounds seem to disappear at the same time. The most interesting thing when this happens tho is when I make a call in my car via BT, It won't make any sounds until the person I'm calling picks up then its fine again.

A reboot will fix the issues until I send a few more texts and it starts all over again. I'm using google messenger and "thumb keyboard".

David

FastEddy2

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Notification LED no longer flashes for email/texts/WhatsApp messages. LED does flash for other normal functions (charging, etc.). I only bought the phone on March 9th, and everything worked fine. 3 days later I upgraded to 6.0, and LED no longer flashes. Having moved from a BB Bold, I REALLY miss the flashing notification LED for messages.

I tried Light Flow but it doesn't work either. I'm guessing it has some thing to do with the new "dose mode" in 6...

:(

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Decreased battery life. Other than that, all good. I suggest anyone upgrading from Lollipop do a factory reset after upgrading to Marshmallow. It will help with the battery issue somewhat.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Notification LED no longer flashes for email/texts/WhatsApp messages. LED does flash for other normal functions (charging, etc.). I only bought the phone on March 9th, and everything worked fine. 3 days later I upgraded to 6.0, and LED no longer flashes. Having moved from a BB Bold, I REALLY miss the flashing notification LED for messages.

I tried Light Flow but it doesn't work either. I'm guessing it has some thing to do with the new "dose mode" in 6...

:(

Weird ...both LED and Light Flow are working fine for me. Only issue is that Light Flow is required to throw a notification count panel into the pull-down shade. Have you gone into Accessibility settings and unchecked -> rechecked Light Flow?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Battery issues, wifi not connecting (slow loading pages), quirky brightness setting (changes for some reason), small gremlins that I haven't quantified here.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I ended up going back to LP.. for me it was erratic battery life and the constant Permissions.(v20d).

Im going to upgrade again when 601 arrives.. apparently thats the battery fix

FastEddy2

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Uninstalled LightFlow since it didn't work. I was incorrect in saying the LED does not flash for WhatsApp. It in fact does flash "light blue" for a WhatsApp message, but doesn't flash anything for email/texts (which is really bugging me). I hate having to double tap the screen to see if any emails/texts have arrived.

Update: I spent some time looking at all the notification options. Both WhatsApp and Gmail HAVE options for led colour and sounds. Built-in email/text apps DO NOT have any options for same. So I don't think there is any fix for this until the next update (in case a developer is paying attention to this issue).

Last edited:

vag65

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't get Light Flow or Light Manager to work correctly, but LED Blinker Pro works well. Maybe try the free version and see if that works for you.

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG G4

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
LiteFlow works fine for me. It took a bit of work as somehow I wound up with multiple versions of it on my phone and it was giving me tones and vibrations that I had not set in the app.. I uninstalled all of them and then downloaded the paid version again. It worked, with some back and forth email help from the developer. He was very responsive to my questions. Don't give up if you like the app.