How lg can improve on the g6

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it's great the phone can take a picture of itself

Posted via the Android Central App
Lol. Tons of devices at home. I love my gadgets. what's the problem? Don't believe I have one? Or is it a problem that I own one and can find ways that LG can improve upon it? Hmm....

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lol. Tons of devices at home. I love my gadgets. what's the problem? Don't believe I have one? Or is it a problem that I own one and can find ways that LG can improve upon it? Hmm....

No problem it's starting to sound like you had a G4 and were thinking about the G5

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No problem it's starting to sound like you had a G4 and were thinking about the G5

Nope. I've had the G5 for a while, in fact, 2. First was heavily defective. Second is perfect! At least physically. The other had a bunch of issues.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Just switch to LED screen, and bigger battery. I love this phone (came from the V10).

I would also want the super wide angle lens to be just as many megapixels as the main camera. The wide angle is by far my favorite feature of this phone. I was at a dinner party the other night, and everyone was raving about the photos we were taking and started using mine so everyone could fit in the shots. I was having to email them all the photos.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a few gripes with the G5 with the 4 days of experience I've had with one via a friend:

-The headphone jack is pretty underpowered as with many LG devices before it. This would've actually turned me away from my V10 were it not for the DAC and amp it included. What makes it worse is that the G5 can only make use of better audio via the B&O module which isn't even available.

-Camera software is about the same, though I was kinda expecting the G5 to also adopt the manual video mode the V10 has as it would give the G5 a big edge in video compared to other 2016 flagships.

-The build quality for the particular handset I've used is pretty good: no paint seam defects or gaps by the detachable chin even after removing and inserting it several times. The feel for the chassis however is a bit of a downgrade compared to the V10 and even the G4, especially since the primer is really easy to scratch.

Other than that, the G5 is a damn good phone to have if the S7 or HTC 10 doesn't appeal to you. The only issue is that the device simply begs for the end-user to invest in the 'friends' module system when there's only one module available: the cam plus module, hence the cheaper pricing.

Posted via an LG V10

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd say bigger battery of which there is room in the phone now for one, someone just has to make one of which I'm sure they will before the G6 comes out next year. Screen could probably be a little better but I don't think they necessarily need to go amoled. Looks like you could fit 5.5" screen into the current phone body without any issues. The one thing I really wish for but I know won't happen is for them to figure out a way to keep verizon from removing features but the odds of that happening are the same as me seeing a unicorn in real life.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would really love it to have back buttons/back volume buttons; and make the screen size a little bigger. I find that my G3 at 5.5" is perfect. (I know the screen size difference here isn't *that* great, but still!)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Forget modularity - it is an excuse for features not working well as is. The definition of a gimmick.

Back to G4 sized screen.

Bigger battery. MUCH bigger.

Dependable GPS

Brighter screen

Keep side volume rocker. Move power button to side also.

Add wireless charging capability.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the only things I'd change about the G5 is make the sucky battery a whole lot bigger, the mp on the wide angled camera match the main sensor and change the screen to Amoled so it's more vibrant, brighter and so the Always On Display looks a whole lot better