12-13-2016 07:04 PM
28 12
tools
    If then, how long have you been using ur phone without a screen protector. I am planning to go naked, i just dont know if the glass they used for this is easily scratched. Just wanted some input or opinions or maybe recommendations. Thanks guys!
    10-06-2016 04:57 PM
    If then, how long have you been using ur phone without a screen protector. I am planning to go naked, i just dont know if the glass they used for this is easily scratched. Just wanted some input or opinions or maybe recommendations. Thanks guys!
    I haven't used screen protectors for awhile....I do have some very fine scratches on the G5
    10-06-2016 06:37 PM
    I have had my phone since April and never used a screen protector. I never drop my phone or put it in my pocket with anything else. I have no scratches or issues with the screen.
    10-09-2016 07:34 PM
    You know that the G5 has a screen protector factory installed. I found this out the hard way. There were some light scratches on my screen after a few weeks of use which really bummed me out. After all, it's practically brand new. So then I did something really stupid and tried to use a rubbing compound to get them off which made it worse. Bummer!

Then I noticed the factory installed screen protector.

I was actually scratching the screen protector. I was so relieved. I thought I permanently messed up my screen but didn't. I was so happy! I peeled it off to a perfect, unscratched screen.

I wish I would have known that straight off. I would have just left it on.

So.. If your screen is looking scratched, check to see if it is the protector installed at the factory.
    10-10-2016 01:00 PM
    I wish u could post pictures of how u peeled that screen protector. But i guess not, it would be silly. Did u buy ur phone at ur carrier store? I got mine from verizon. I dont know it has screen protector. Im afraid to scratch it. Haha.
    10-11-2016 11:14 AM
    I wish u could post pictures of how u peeled that screen protector. But i guess not, it would be silly. Did u buy ur phone at ur carrier store? I got mine from verizon. I dont know it has screen protector. Im afraid to scratch it. Haha.
    I don't think you'd scratch it if you just tried to peel it off at one of the corners.

Maybe you don't have it. I'm just saying mine did. And, it was so "on there" I honestly didn't see it. Just be careful.

And if you DO have it, I would just leave it on. There's no sense in peeling it off if you have it. Like I said... If I would have known I would have left it on but I had already made it look bad by scuffing it up trying to get the smaller scratches off.
    10-12-2016 08:11 AM
    hello again greendog. are you familiar with Liquid screen protector? Have u ever used one?
    10-13-2016 07:49 PM
    Used the G5 for about two months without a screen protector. Screen doesn't scratch easily, and it is resilient to tumbles.
    10-14-2016 10:35 AM
    Thanks, Harish...yeah i have given up hunting for Screen protector. Maybe ill try naked screen.
    10-14-2016 05:33 PM
    The 1st thing I did was remove the clear stickies all around the phone, in addition to the screen protector. I'm pretty careful with all my phones and I never use any screen protectors at all. Most phones with Gorilla glass are quite durable under normal wear and tear.

Have you seen this video?

Norg likes this.
    10-17-2016 02:44 PM
    The 1st thing I did was remove the clear stickies all around the phone, in addition to the screen protector. I'm pretty careful with all my phones and I never use any screen protectors at all. Most phones with Gorilla glass are quite durable under normal wear and tear.

Have you seen this video?

Depends on what you encounter normally.a grain of sand could scratch the screen.
    10-17-2016 05:19 PM
    I haven't used screen protectors in years. I think maybe my first iPhone and that's it. I hate the way they feel and I just don't see the need unless you are working or playing in a very dirty, harsh environment.
    10-17-2016 06:52 PM
    Mine came with a screen protector out of the box i peeled it off and i got a glass screen protector for the whole screen from bottom to the earpiece, its not working that great-sometimes i need to press hard and the this protector is preventing the sensor from wroking properly
    10-17-2016 08:28 PM
    here in India most probably many of the manufacturers like lenovo or other chinese brands either install or put screen protectors inside the box..... i dont think any of the top manufactures install screen protectors..i ddint install one.. my phone is pretty clean after using more than one year...
    10-17-2016 08:40 PM
  15. Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo's Avatar
    still haven't found a good screen protector. (
    10-19-2016 09:06 PM
    still haven't found a good screen protector. (
    Let's you and me team up and find one for all G5ers!!
    10-21-2016 09:08 PM
  17. Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo's Avatar
    Let's you and me team up and find one for all G5er!!
    Post it here, Norg if you find a good one! Thanks.
    10-23-2016 01:29 AM
    Let's you and me team up and find one for all G5ers!!
    Are you focusing on tempered glass ones? (probably a dumb question)
    10-23-2016 07:08 PM
    Are you focusing on tempered glass ones? (probably a dumb question)
    Sure am, unfortunately the glass SP that I bought from AT&T is really starting to tick me off... May need to start looking for a non glass type given the curvature of the G5 screen. Know any good ones?
    10-23-2016 11:51 PM
    I don't use anything and i think that with gorilla glass 4 any other screen protector is unuseful
    10-24-2016 03:23 AM
    I don't use anything and i think that with gorilla glass 4 any other screen protector is unuseful
    I may end up doing the very same thing shortly. However, my last phone, the Priv ended up getting a lovely 1/4-in scratch on the screen just by hitting a key or something while in my pocket one day. So I get a little skweemish just by the thought of going columbo. On the plus side, I do have my G5 protected all round by a very cool Incipio case, so perhaps I'm a little too sensitive about the screen itself.
    10-24-2016 09:28 AM
    Sure am, unfortunately the glass SP that I bought from AT&T is really starting to tick me off... May need to start looking for a non glass type given the curvature of the G5 screen. Know any good ones?
    Yes! I got great PET's from CitiGeeks. I had one installed perfectly then decided to try a tempered glass one so, against my better judgment, I removed the plastic one to install the glass one. I still have the glass one on.

Before you ask, the glass one does not fit perfectly but it's not bad enough to warrant pulling it off to install another PET.
    10-26-2016 06:09 PM
    I've graduated from just using a case to using both a case and a screen protector. I'm too afraid of my phone getting scratches to leave it naked!
    10-26-2016 06:13 PM
    I used this tempered glass screen protector for about 3 or 4 months with a case and never had any issues. One day I dropped my phone and the protector lifted up jyst enough to get dirt under it. Had to get rid of it after that. When I went to reorder it, it was no longer available.

LG G5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector,Yootech LG G5 [3D Full Cover] Curved tempered Glass Screen Protector,0.26mm 9H Hardness Featuring Anti-Scratch,Lifetime Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTVQZEG...cUvbUpU5596132

In the two months without it, I have accumulated a couple scratches. Still in search of something as good as that one was.
    tadpoles likes this.
    12-06-2016 07:16 PM
    Been using smart phones since the original Galaxy and owned each of the LG G series since the G2. I've never used a screen protector and never had a scratch. I do use an otterbox commuter though because I'm somewhat prone to dropping things.
    Norg likes this.
    12-08-2016 09:21 AM
28 12