anybody not using screen protector?

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
If then, how long have you been using ur phone without a screen protector. I am planning to go naked, i just dont know if the glass they used for this is easily scratched. Just wanted some input or opinions or maybe recommendations. Thanks guys!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If then, how long have you been using ur phone without a screen protector. I am planning to go naked, i just dont know if the glass they used for this is easily scratched. Just wanted some input or opinions or maybe recommendations. Thanks guys!

I haven't used screen protectors for awhile....I do have some very fine scratches on the G5

mikeleto83

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had my phone since April and never used a screen protector. I never drop my phone or put it in my pocket with anything else. I have no scratches or issues with the screen.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
You know that the G5 has a screen protector factory installed. I found this out the hard way. There were some light scratches on my screen after a few weeks of use which really bummed me out. After all, it's practically brand new. So then I did something really stupid and tried to use a rubbing compound to get them off which made it worse. Bummer!

Then I noticed the factory installed screen protector.

I was actually scratching the screen protector. I was so relieved. I thought I permanently messed up my screen but didn't. I was so happy! I peeled it off to a perfect, unscratched screen.

I wish I would have known that straight off. I would have just left it on.

So.. If your screen is looking scratched, check to see if it is the protector installed at the factory.

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I wish u could post pictures of how u peeled that screen protector. But i guess not, it would be silly. Did u buy ur phone at ur carrier store? I got mine from verizon. I dont know it has screen protector. Im afraid to scratch it. Haha.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I wish u could post pictures of how u peeled that screen protector. But i guess not, it would be silly. Did u buy ur phone at ur carrier store? I got mine from verizon. I dont know it has screen protector. Im afraid to scratch it. Haha.

I don't think you'd scratch it if you just tried to peel it off at one of the corners.

Maybe you don't have it. I'm just saying mine did. And, it was so "on there" I honestly didn't see it. Just be careful.

And if you DO have it, I would just leave it on. There's no sense in peeling it off if you have it. Like I said... If I would have known I would have left it on but I had already made it look bad by scuffing it up trying to get the smaller scratches off.

May 4, 2014
Visit site

Used the G5 for about two months without a screen protector. Screen doesn't scratch easily, and it is resilient to tumbles.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The 1st thing I did was remove the clear stickies all around the phone, in addition to the screen protector. I'm pretty careful with all my phones and I never use any screen protectors at all. Most phones with Gorilla glass are quite durable under normal wear and tear.

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GQ43cF5TuU

Depends on what you encounter normally.a grain of sand could scratch the screen.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used screen protectors in years. I think maybe my first iPhone and that's it. I hate the way they feel and I just don't see the need unless you are working or playing in a very dirty, harsh environment.

QashouRam

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine came with a screen protector out of the box i peeled it off and i got a glass screen protector for the whole screen from bottom to the earpiece, its not working that great-sometimes i need to press hard and the this protector is preventing the sensor from wroking properly

rahool360

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
here in India most probably many of the manufacturers like lenovo or other chinese brands either install or put screen protectors inside the box..... i dont think any of the top manufactures install screen protectors..i ddint install one.. my phone is pretty clean after using more than one year...

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you focusing on tempered glass ones? (probably a dumb question)
Sure am, unfortunately the glass SP that I bought from AT&T is really starting to tick me off... May need to start looking for a non glass type given the curvature of the G5 screen. Know any good ones?