Weird youtube problem since AT&T 7.0 upgrade.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I have youtube red and use background play all the time at work to listen to old howard stern segments and other stuff. I load them to offline storage (SD card) and listen at work without using cellular data. It's worked great forever. Since this AT&T 7.0 upgrade, background play will not work - but only on offline videos. If I stream them from cellular they work fine. What's even stranger is offline background works fine if I use the google launcher. LG's launcher and Nova simply will not play youtube audio in the background if the screen is shut off and the file is stored offline. Playback just stops. I tried changing from SD to internal storage and it still doesn't work. Can anyone verify this behavior if they have youtube red? I tried a FDR and it doesn't help.

I do this to myself every time. I have a perfectly functioning device and KNOW I should wait for the early adopters of the updates to hash out the bugs but I just can't help myself.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm having all kinds of weird issues with this update. I went from pure love to venom filled hate for this phone. Wifi connections are flaky. The lock screen display never times out. If I don't manually hit the power button the display stays on. The YouTube problem above still exists. I tried 2 resets restoring from Google backup and 1 reset restoring nothing. Just a fresh from scratch G5. Nothing helps. Why why why why why why why did I take this update. Why?!?!? I had the perfect phone and now I'm going insane. I can't find anyone else complaining anywhere I look. How can that be?