Does the LG G6 have an RGB notification light?

Dennis James5

May 20, 2016
Visit site
So the reference is an endurance test which rates how long the phone can sit idle without being used until it dies.

I (and probably 99.9% of people) don't buy $600+ phones so I can see how many days it will sit on my kitchen counter without being used. If I can let it sit, powered on for days at a time, then it can be charged. So who cares if it lasts 3 or 4 days? And if it isn't going to be used, why have it on at all?

That endurance test is absolutely meaningless.

No, that is not how the GSMArena endurance test is done, you drew a conclusion based on a completely false assumption. Please read their test methodology.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
No, that is not how the GSMArena endurance test is done, you drew a conclusion based on a completely false assumption. Please read their test methodology.
My conclusion doesn't change. So they make 1 hour of 3g calls, 1 hour of video, 1 hour of web surfing daily. So what? What they do in 3 days is practically what I require out of my phone on a daily basis.

Dennis James5

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, I just saw a press image leak of the Galaxy S8 and the notification LED is still present on the S8. As much as I hate curved screens, I think I will just have to bite the bullet and upgrade to the S8 instead of the G6 (which is not an upgrade over my S7 Edge anyway, except in design - I really like the G6 looks).

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
AOD? Is that like the system on my Moto Z Force Droid? Secondary screen lights up for a milisecond, when an email or text comes in? If you're not right on top of your phone, you'll never know that the notification came in. Couple that with the major sound issue for the phone, and you are almost blind to notifications. Phone is useless.:mad: No, for me it's a done deal. No led, no buy.:p
You didn't enable the gesture to enable it when you reach for it?

On my Z, the Moto Display pops up whenever I pick it up or just get close to it.

Would have loved a notification light, though.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Do we absolutely know the G6 doesn't have a notification light? I feel like we're getting ahead of ourselves.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That's the point. It has to be within arm's length, to see if you have a notification. For the three months that the sound wasn't working, I had no idea that a notification even came in. Never again for an AOD.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's the point. It has to be within arm's length, to see if you have a notification. For the three months that the sound wasn't working, I had no idea that a notification even came in. Never again for an AOD.
Mine seems hypersensitive, though.

I didn't even wave over it and it popped up.

Dennis James5

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Do we absolutely know the G6 doesn't have a notification light? I feel like we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Someone on another forum which has access to a G6 checked and found out that there is no notification LED, and also no associated setting. Adding this to the official pictures in which you can see that there is not sign of a LED, makes it quite clear to me.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

The flashing light.....It goes great in movie theatres

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez