Anyone have issues with Car Bluetooth?

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I've had the G6 for a bit over 24 hours and can't for the life of me get it to actually work with my 2014 Accord's Bluetooth system. Keeps saying Bluetooth app keeps closing and won't do anything else. I've reset the Network settings and restarted the phone. I've cleared all the previous devices I've had paired with the system and still nothing. I've never had this issue with a device and I've had at least 30 different cellphones connected to the car. Funny thing is my Blackweb Bass Dynamix Bluetooth headphones and Sonos speakers work flawlessly and even can bring up The Assistant and make phone calls without missing a beat. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and their fix. This is literally the only black mark outside of the lack of an IR blaster for this excellent device.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
For starters, try to do this away from other vehicles. Because BlueTooth sterio systems are more common, other systems can easily interfere if they're close enough. Look for a pairing option on your device, then long-press your devices BlueTooth quick access button, or navigate to the BlueTooth page in your devices settings. Now, tap "Search" while your sterio is in pairing mode (also called discovery mode). Depending on your sterios name, it should be the device with a speaker or car as it's icon. Hope this helps.

P.S.: Also try this while your sterio is in BlueTooth (or "Hands free") mode.

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! I've tried everything you've stated and still nothing. I'll probably just have to go to AT&T and try to swap it out for a new one and check it out before I leave.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
If your sterio has a BlueTooth/wireless button, try holding it down while you search for new devices on your G6. Maybe that will work...

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have issues with bt in my Fiat. It's an older version of Blu&Me. I also had the same issues with my V20 so perhaps in my case it's an Android 7.0 issue rather than a specific phone issue

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have issues with bt in my Fiat. It's an older version of Blu&Me. I also had the same issues with my V20 so perhaps in my case it's an Android 7.0 issue rather than a specific phone issue

Don't think it's 7.0. I recently tried an S7e and it had 7.0, no issues. Hope you get it figured out, I'm considering the G6 too

Last edited:

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Don't think it's 7.0. I recently tried an S7e and it had 7.0, no issues. Hope you get it figured out, I'm considering the G6 too

Never got it fixed, even went to Honda to get a full reset and still nothing. Returned to AT&T. Such a disappointment, I legitimately loved that phone. I'll get another when an update is pushed out, but I'm back to my S7 Edge for the time being.

CCNasty

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Never got it fixed, even went to Honda to get a full reset and still nothing. Returned to AT&T. Such a disappointment, I legitimately loved that phone. I'll get another when an update is pushed out, but I'm back to my S7 Edge for the time being.

Wow, that def sucks.

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I think I'm in the same boat. Interestingly I also have a 2014 Accord. But my Nexus6P works fine with the Bluetooth. Having read this thread I think I'm going to have to return as well. When you returned it Darius, did you have to pay any fees? I bought mine outright from AT&T.

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I just picked up a G6 and the Bluetooth keeps crashing. It is unusable in the car (the connection cycles on and off). Like previous posters, I have a Honda (2014 Accord). Otherwise love my new phone but this is a major problem.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Never had a single issue with Bluetooth on mine. I'm hooked up to my smartwatch all day, jump in my car or work van and it automatically connects to both and plays music and takes calls flawlessly. Even the bluetooth range has been great. I had the Galaxy s8 Plus before the G6 and the bluetooth range was awful on it

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
2011 Corolla here. Audio and calls are fine. With my old V10 every 3 months or so I have to reconnect it. But haven't run into that yet with the G6.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
The only issue I have with BT on the G6 in the car is that my music info(song, artist, album) won't display. I've never had that with anyone other Android phone in my current car.

abausch

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I just picked up a G6 and the Bluetooth keeps crashing. It is unusable in the car (the connection cycles on and off). Like previous posters, I have a Honda (2014 Accord). Otherwise love my new phone but this is a major problem.

I also have a 2014 Accord and I am having the exact same issue. An error keeps popping up until I turn the bluetooth off. I will have to unpair the phone, just so I can use GMaps without the error blocking my screen.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2013 Lexus ES350 and I'm having issues with audio playback. There is a certain amount of functionality missing. I checked the Lexus website and unfortunately, the G6 is listed as incomparable. On the bright side, so is the Samsung 28th, so I'm guessing a software update will fix these issues. May be a Nougat problem.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
wife has a 2016 Kia and I have a 2016 Fiat. Neither has a problem connecting or staying connected, but I know mine doesn't show song titles or any of that while my HTC 10 did. That's not a big issue to me though.

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved!!! I kept searching different forums and trying different things. Turns out the Bluetooth crashing problem is due to an incompatibility with Google Play Music. I disabled it about two weeks ago (switched to the Sirius App for when I listen to music outside of the car) and I can now use my Bluetooth for phone calls again. Prior to disabling Google play Music my Bluetooth would keep continuously connecting and disconnecting (hate to use the word "loop" in an LG forum☺️) and I have not had one problem in the two weeks since I made the change.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved!!! I kept searching different forums and trying different things. Turns out the Bluetooth crashing problem is due to an incompatibility with Google Play Music. I disabled it about two weeks ago (switched to the Sirius App for when I listen to music outside of the car) and I can now use my Bluetooth for phone calls again. Prior to disabling Google play Music my Bluetooth would keep continuously connecting and disconnecting (hate to use the word "loop" in an LG forum☺️) and I have not had one problem in the two weeks since I made the change.

Thanks for your update! Do or did you even use Google Play Music? Do you happen to have another phone/device around for you to try this fix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch