Visit site
Another update. August Patch.

ead630cf698f7e99359c4377bbee0d14.jpg
83e4f5f9553128a7e518e0638718fa38.jpg

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T still rocking the March 1, 2017 Security Patch. I started to update yesterday, but amidst complaints of decreased battery life, I decided to hold off.

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
got it earlier today. only difference I see is it enabled play protect. nice to see we haven't been forgotten about lol. Wonder when the 7.1.2 update will come or 8.0 would be nice too.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Would love a detailed changelog on this thing... 696mb is a beefy update and certainly not just the run of the mill security patches. I know of a few little bits... some tweaks to the camera (we got the NR toggle in manual still mode) for instance, but there's far more I would assume.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Would love a detailed changelog on this thing... 696mb is a beefy update and certainly not just the run of the mill security patches. I know of a few little bits... some tweaks to the camera (we got the NR toggle in manual still mode) for instance, but there's far more I would assume.

It something about messaging too.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i havent seen a difference in battery with this update. i did notice that i had some battery issues with the last one, but it settled down after about a week. not sure why it took so long, it usually doesnt take more than 72 hours.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Issues with latest T-Mobile update (H87210p)

I thought everything was fine...

Until I drove to work.

There I was, listening to some podcasts over bluetooth while Waze ran in the background to help me avoid the traffpocylypse that might loom on the horizon and cause my quiet commute to devolve into a bumper to bumper hellscape....

And the audio starts cutting in and out. Spits and starts... just a complete hot mess. I toggle BT on the phone and it doesn't reconnect. I got better things to do than play with BT connection issues (like, I don't know.. drive) so I stop Pocketcasts and flip over to radio. I've seen others with BT issues with their Hondas and I was hoping that the compatibility gremlin passed me over. But it would appear that he decided to stop in for a visit and has made himself at home.

But I then notice the second problem: Waze was gone.

Waze usually runs in the background with a persistent notification, which is there mostly to keep Android's memory management from squashing it. I've never had Waze closed out like this before on any previous phone. Thinking I stopped it in error, I start it back u again and go on my very way. Get closer to work... yep... gone again.

I just went in there and looked and the system has gobbled up about 3.4GB of memory, leaving roughly 250MB of free memory available for applications to play in. Ooooooof..... I wish I would have seen that prior to the update as a tool to compare.

/sad face

Last edited:

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The 10p update has been giving me some fits, battery life isn't quite as good. Bluetooth has been crashing completely at times. I'm getting logged out of apps like netflix & facebook. My podcast app randomly started up today on its own, had not even used it today. I've tried wiping cache and all that but it hasn't helped. Is there a way to roll back?

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Issues with latest T-Mobile update (H87210p)

Mine's installing now...I've only had the G6 for a few days, so let's see how this goes...

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The 10p update has been giving me some fits, battery life isn't quite as good. Bluetooth has been crashing completely at times. I'm getting logged out of apps like netflix & facebook. My podcast app randomly started up today on its own, had not even used it today. I've tried wiping cache and all that but it hasn't helped. Is there a way to roll back?

i havent seen that, how long has it been since you installed the update? im guessing you did the hard reset and stuff?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yep.... pretty much.

Guessing that I am going to have to do the nasty (factory reset).... it's usually a last resort sort of option for me, but I don't think I have a choice at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez