09-09-2017 11:30 PM
73 123
tools
    Have you compared the iPhone pics and the G6 pics on a computer vs. On the phones?
    Not yet. I've compared them both on the G6 screen. Are the G6 pics better on a computer ? I would assume both iPhone and G6 pics would be both better on a computer
    08-31-2017 10:07 AM
    Not yet. I've compared them both on the G6 screen. Are the G6 pics better on a computer ? I would assume both iPhone and G6 pics would be both better on a computer
    A lot of it has to due with the screens we view them on. My iPhone 7 friends are all jealous of the pics I take with my G6, when they see it on their phones.. I could be wrong, but I think that has a lot to due with it.
    08-31-2017 11:20 AM
    A lot of it has to due with the screens we view them on. My iPhone 7 friends are all jealous of the pics I take with my G6, when they see it on their phones.. I could be wrong, but I think that has a lot to due with it.
    I understand what you're saying but I view the pics taken on the wife's iPhone 7 plus and my taken on the G6 both on my G6 screen. So it's a pretty equal comparison and Everytime the iPhone 7 plus pics are way better, in my opinion
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    08-31-2017 11:27 AM
    I understand what you're saying but I view the pics taken on the wife's iPhone 7 plus and my taken on the G6 both on my G6 screen. So it's a pretty equal comparison and Everytime the iPhone 7 plus pics are way better, in my opinion
    For sure.. I was just wondering. IPhones are DEFINITELY better point and shoot cameras.. By far. Just about everything is. Haha.
    08-31-2017 01:03 PM
    Is the camera as slow as it is on mine for you guys especially performing HDR+.. This is one of the things that puts me off using it.
    08-31-2017 03:09 PM
    Is the camera as slow as it is on mine for you guys especially performing HDR+.. This is one of the things that puts me off using it.
    The shutter is fast without hdr. It's quite quick.. With hdr+ on it can be kind of slow. But it seems like it still can catch some shots whilst in the middle of its "preprocessing"
    08-31-2017 03:39 PM
    I recently got a iPhone 7+, specifically (at least at first) for the cameras. My first ever iPhone. I come from a long line of Android, Windows and BB phones going back to the beginning. This iPhone has th best cameras in any cell phone that I've owned or even used before with the possible exception of the Lumia 1020 from years ago.
    My lady friend who was a long time Samsung person said the same after she tried my 7+ and has since sold her S8 and now owns a 7+ also.
    08-31-2017 05:57 PM
    I recently got a iPhone 7+, specifically (at least at first) for the cameras. My first ever iPhone. I come from a long line of Android, Windows and BB phones going back to the beginning. This iPhone has th best cameras in any cell phone that I've owned or even used before with the possible exception of the Lumia 1020 from years ago.
    My lady friend who was a long time Samsung person said the same after she tried my 7+ and has since sold her S8 and now owns a 7+ also.
    I agree with you. The camera on the iPhone 7 plus is the best out there. But that's not enough for me to move back to iPhone or iOS, with their closed ecosystem and horrible iTunes.
    08-31-2017 06:01 PM
    I've been using this modified Gcam app for quite a while now and wasn't that impressed. The shutter speed was laggy and the pictures weren't processing that we'll.
    However, with the latest release, the shutter lag is pretty much gone and the images that I am now taking are beating the stock LG app hands down.
    This is now officially my new camera app (except for wide angle). I am finally at peace with this camera as I was never fully convinced by previous results.
    The lens blur option is a great addition too.
    I Highly recommend that people give it a shot
    https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...er-lag-xiaomi/
    09-03-2017 12:22 PM
    I've been using this modified Gcam app for quite a while now and wasn't that impressed. The shutter speed was laggy and the pictures weren't processing that we'll.
    However, with the latest release, the shutter lag is pretty much gone and the images that I am now taking are beating the stock LG app hands down.
    This is now officially my new camera app (except for wide angle). I am finally at peace with this camera as I was never fully convinced by previous results.
    The lens blur option is a great addition too.
    I Highly recommend that people give it a shot
    https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...er-lag-xiaomi/
    I've been using it primarily since it's release and the pictures were coming out better for me than with the stock. Specifically at night. These are from last night and the fireworks one is zoomed in.

I'll check out the new update.
    beagle82 and shaimere like this.
    09-03-2017 03:07 PM
    Not sure if you guys know.. But you can edit the blur and move the focus after the fact.
    ffejjj likes this.
    09-03-2017 07:46 PM
    Definitely gives another dimension to the camera, and reinforces what an underrated phone it really is.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    09-04-2017 12:03 AM
    Latest version has an interesting new addition... He made several HDR+ internal settings visible. Fun to tweak. Here are two crops of a blanket in my living room lit only by the TV. One is lg stock cam, the other the GC using one of the profiles preloaded by the dev.
    09-05-2017 09:29 PM
    I tried to download it but it kept telling me it couldn't parse it which I have no clue what that means
    09-05-2017 10:15 PM
    With the new update, it seems like it's more stable but the biggest thing is it doesn't use as much battery as before.
    09-05-2017 10:35 PM
    What's the new update;I can't find it
    09-05-2017 11:17 PM
    I have no idea where I saw it but someone posted it in one of these forums.
    09-06-2017 12:00 AM
    Does nobody have the purple tint bug in dark conditions?
    For me it is only fixed in Version 1.4.

The last i tested was 3.1 or 3.0.
    Is it fixed in 3.2?

Has anyone tried out the modified Google Camera (w HDR+) on their G6 yet?-img_20170904_221207.jpg
    09-06-2017 06:47 AM
    I've been monitoring this thread on XDA - Google Camera HDR+ (V1.5) ported to SD820/821 and works with G6

There are links to the original threads on the Russian dev site, but translations are iffy at best.
    vag74 likes this.
    09-06-2017 08:44 AM
    Does nobody have the purple tint bug in dark conditions?
    For me it is only fixed in Version 1.4.
    I've seen it on 3.2, but it's a little less obvious. And I've only seen it on the full HDR+ (HDR+ On) mode. The HDR+ Auto profile appears to be free of the tint, which I think has to do with the exposure compensation that the full HDR+ mode uses (auto does not).

3.2 is interesting.... allowing you to tweak some of the parameters HDR+ uses.. granted, more isn't always better so it's quite easy to screw things up.
    09-06-2017 08:48 AM
    Took this in near darkness.. The detail on the leather is superb. This camera is getting better each version.. Just using the LG camera for the wide angle now!
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried out the modified Google Camera (w HDR+) on their G6 yet?-img_20170906_192719.jpg  
    mchi5 likes this.
    09-06-2017 01:31 PM
    Took this in near darkness.. The detail on the leather is superb. This camera is getting better each version.. Just using the LG camera for the wide angle now!
    I'm glad you're starting to like it.. It's been good for me since it was ported.. It just crashed a few times. I primarily use it.
    09-06-2017 02:28 PM
    Hdr plus zoomed in
    mchi5 and shaimere like this.
    09-09-2017 11:30 PM
73 123