Switching from G6 to S8+...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Technically I will have both phones. It may be like choosing your favorite kid. Not possible?

@Morty2264,

I'll definitely report back once I get it. Getting pretty excited. My cases and screen protector will come way before my phone.

I'm already figuring out how to disable the bloatware and that stupid Bixby button

Haha, I definitely get what you mean about being excited! I can't wait for packages to come in the mail - let alone a new phone!!

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Lol. Technically I will have both phones. It may be like choosing your favorite kid. Not possible?

@Morty2264,

I'll definitely report back once I get it. Getting pretty excited. My cases and screen protector will come way before my phone.

I'm already figuring out how to disable the bloatware and that stupid Bixby button

Dude Bixby is my most missed feature on the new galaxy phones. It is by far the best personal assistant on a phone. It has over 3000 commands and the more you use it the better it gets. Bixby would literally ask if my alarm for the next day was set around the time I usually go to bed. It would notify me that I usually call my son around this time do I want to call him.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Dude Bixby is my most missed feature on the new galaxy phones. It is by far the best personal assistant on a phone. It has over 3000 commands and the more you use it the better it gets. Bixby would literally ask if my alarm for the next day was set around the time I usually go to bed. It would notify me that I usually call my son around this time do I want to call him.
I've never used Bixby but from all three S8 threads and articles there's not much love. Google assistant is pretty damn good already. I wish Samsung would stick with that instead of trying to do their own thing. Reminds me of the old Samsung ways (back when I had the Note 3 and 4 days...)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I've never used Bixby but from all three S8 threads and articles there's not much love. Google assistant is pretty damn good already. I wish Samsung would stick with that instead of trying to do their own thing. Reminds me of the old Samsung ways (back when I had the Note 3 and 4 days...)

I can say from personal use its a million times better than google and way way way more capable as well. It literally controls ever aspect of your phone. This also includes support for 3rd party apps as well.

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I've bought numerous phones off eBay used/new... never had an issue. had an issue with a watch not matching description but eBay and seller handled. this was back during the palm treo days tho

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Bixby is amazing. I use it all the time also. It's not meant to replace google assistant. Bixby controls your device whereas google is used for searching. But the more you use Bixby the smarter it gets. Most of the complaints are just people upset about the button and it being "forced" on them. Give it a go.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
i hope you are sleeping well after all those nice comments about ebay ...
Actually I am sleeping well...

FINALLY got my s8+ after waiting a week. Seller used UPS ground be cheapest option.

Anyways. So far loving this phone. I used to hate Touchwiz but Samsung has a done a great job with this. Feels almost android stock. I used to use Nova launcher on the G6 but gonna give this touch wiz a try out

It gave me the option to load all my apps I had on G6 to s8+ which was like 101 apps. Afterwards s8+ still buttery smooth. No lag. I think the Snapdragon 835 makes a huge difference

Mainly though it's that huge 6.2 inch Super AMOLED screen. It's simply stunning. Way better than the G6. And makes typing so much easier with a bigger screen.

Oh and S8+ was mint. Except for one small small scratch on the back that seller disclosed. Screen was perfect. It came in original box and all original items unused. It was almost like a brand new unboxing

Anyways loving this phone so far. I'll keep my G6 as a backup phone but damn this is a sweet phone. Hope after 2-3 months of using it I still feel the same

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am on board with others and Swappa versus eBay. Too much BS on eBay for my liking :p.
Yeah I got lucky with this eBay transaction. I bought Bose QC25 headphones before and were not mint. Good thing seller refunded me my money after going thru ebay

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Actually I am sleeping well...

FINALLY got my s8+ after waiting a week. Seller used UPS ground be cheapest option.

Anyways. So far loving this phone. I used to hate Touchwiz but Samsung has a done a great job with this. Feels almost android stock. I used to use Nova launcher on the G6 but gonna give this touch wiz a try out

It gave me the option to load all my apps I had on G6 to s8+ which was like 101 apps. Afterwards s8+ still buttery smooth. No lag. I think the Snapdragon 835 makes a huge difference

Mainly though it's that huge 6.2 inch Super AMOLED screen. It's simply stunning. Way better than the G6. And makes typing so much easier with a bigger screen.

Oh and S8+ was mint. Except for one small small scratch on the back that seller disclosed. Screen was perfect. It came in original box and all original items unused. It was almost like a brand new unboxing

Anyways loving this phone so far. I'll keep my G6 as a backup phone but damn this is a sweet phone. Hope after 2-3 months of using it I still feel the same

Glad you are liking it, I can assure there is nothing stock about the feel of Samsungs TouchWiz. It's just gotten a lot smoother over the last few years. I was really impressed with how smooth it runs compared to a few years ago.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm already figuring out how to disable the bloatware...

If I could have found a way to get rid of the notorious Samsung bloatware (without root), I probably would have bought the S8+ instead of the G6. I think Samsung phones are great. (I've had the S2, S4, S6 and Note Edge (the original Samsung curved screen based on the Note 4).) I just never could get around that bloat. Both of my folks have cheaper Samsung phones (Galaxy Prime?). They don't use their phones much but still talk about how slow they are. Once their contracts are up, I'm 1/2 tempted to quietly root one of them, just to show them how much faster a phone can run without all the extra crap.