LG G6 stuck in firmware update, windows can't detect com port

Feb 16, 2019
Visit site
I need help... Is my phone dead or what..? I tried to update software via lg up and uppercut (which i did like 10 times on this phone already) and this time something gone wrong on 10% the lg up turned off by itself after some timeout and my wonderful cable unplugged because if I don't hold it, then it falls off. I tried to relaunch uppercut which had an error, I rebooted my laptop and uppercut worked again, but my phone couldn't be detected (as it used to be a couple of minutes earlier) as a com port or anything. I rebooted the phone, it came back to firmware update. Still no reaction, trying to install legacy driver in device manager, ports (com & lpt) as communication gives out code 34. Installing newer lg usb drivers also don't work... Any idea what to do..?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Get the USB port fixed. If the cable doesn't stay in without holding it, one of the data pins probably got unsoldered too, so the laptop can't connect to the phone.

2. Uninstall the driver, reboot the laptop, then install the driver again.

The LG 4.4.2 driver should work. Just click the Windows button.

Feb 16, 2019
Visit site
Well... The laptop was detecting my phone before trying to update and before the cable fell off, now it isn't detecting it in any way. So you are propably right and one of the data pins unsoldered. Thank you for your help.