LG Optimus G Pro Accessories @ AT&T

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So I pre-ordered today and got the ball rolling to port over a couple of lines from Verizon. Now I can confirm they will have at launch (4) accessories which to me is lame. They will have (3) cases (sorry didn't really pay attention to what they were since I will be getting the Folio Case with wireless charging for free with pre-order) and (1) Screen Protectors. Notice what was missing.

They do not have any information on the LG Wireless Charger (Qi compatible) or the External Battery Charger and Spare Battery. All of those are rather important don't you think? I do so I opted to get the Nokia Qi compatible charging station, why not I got a discount on it. I already ordered some screen protectors off of eBay for $3 so those will be here on Friday.

LG's site does not have the spare battery and charger for the Optimus G Pro on it yet (seriously) but they do have the wireless charging puck $49.99 but no stores in my zip code (annoying). I guess AT&T will not have the extra battery, external charger, wireless charger etc at launch and its unknown if they will, likely we have to wait for it to be officially available before we can get stuff.

Perhaps Android Central will carry batteries and chargers :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
BTW if you do pre-order online the case is added automatically and you are credited the $50 it is charged in the cart. My rep said if it doesn't come with it he will just discount the case down to $0 for me on launch day, great rep, easy to work with. Since this is my own business accounts he was able to waive activation's, and I won't pay upgrade fees in the future as a small business owner :)

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I find it very odd that LG is not providing the cradle/charger and extra battery at the very least on their USA site. The Korean G Pro comes with these items by default. At the very least I'd really like to purchase charging cradle at some point for the spare battery.

The wireless charger can be purchased on Verizon's website and maybe in some of their stores too.

There is a travel charger on AT&T's site that is also sold in their stores. It is listed as compatible with the G Pro. I will most likely purchase one tomorrow for my office.

If anybody has any insights on docks for the G Pro, that would be appreciated. I'd like one that will allow me to use the folio case in conjunction.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree RoboMonkey, but they still need to offer accessories, either at the carrier store or on their US site. Perhaps they will once the launch hits, but why not just post it now. Get people excited, get them buying early and often.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I agree RoboMonkey, but they still need to offer accessories, either at the carrier store or on their US site. Perhaps they will once the launch hits, but why not just post it now. Get people excited, get them buying early and often.

No opportunity to buy a spare battery and battery charger is inexcusable. Hopefully this changes soon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I contacted LG USA support today about accessories, pretty much a useless dept IMO. They told me I would need to go to LG USA Parts: Find LG Replacement Parts for LG Products | LG USA which is odd since they do have an actual mobile phone accessories page here Cell Phone Accessories | LG USA but until the OG Pro goes on sale officially I don't think we will see anything. The rep at the store commented they never seem to carry extra batteries or external chargers and rely more on the OEM's to sell them directly which to me is stupid from an up sell stand point but perhaps smart so they are not stuck with inventory. Still AT&T should be putting it as a web only item so stores aren't stuck with them, is that so hard.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I contacted LG USA support today about accessories, pretty much a useless dept IMO. They told me I would need to go to LG USA Parts: Find LG Replacement Parts for LG Products | LG USA which is odd since they do have an actual mobile phone accessories page here Cell Phone Accessories | LG USA but until the OG Pro goes on sale officially I don't think we will see anything. The rep at the store commented they never seem to carry extra batteries or external chargers and rely more on the OEM's to sell them directly which to me is stupid from an up sell stand point but perhaps smart so they are not stuck with inventory. Still AT&T should be putting it as a web only item so stores aren't stuck with them, is that so hard.

How did you contact them? I chatted with an online rep on their site. They directed me to this number. 1.800.793.8896 Prompt #5. It's their wireless parts and accessories department. They would either be able to sell me accessories for the G Pro, tell me if and when they'll be available, or direct me elsewhere. I don't need a spare battery/charger just yet however I will probably end up calling them at some point.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the info blairh1. I contacted them via chat on the LG page and were pretty useless, but I will keep this phone # in mind. I definitely want a spare battery and charger. Oh and today AT&T announces the S4 in 32GB coming on 5/10. Still passing on it, I returned everything I had pre-ordered and combine that with Samsung's attitude about storage and some of the features I thought would be useful well I decided weren't so useful.

S-Voice - eats up resources and battery plus gets rid of the Google functions I wanted. Some of the extra sensors are going to eat up battery and I don't really need 9 sensors when LG has the ones I do need covered.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am going to call the 800 # that blair.harrington suggested 1.800.793.8896 Prompt #5 and see what they say. I do want a spare battery right away. As for screen protectors I found some on eBay and they should be in my PO Box waiting for me tomorrow when I get there. As for Spigen, they told me their will be screen protectors within a week or two and that was last week so hopefully soon.

Cases, well its up too the user community to push the case mfg's to get going, they will only make them IF LG is successful, I think this phone will catch some good attention and its next iteration OG Pro 2 next year will do even better.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my case from eBay the same day I pre ordered my phone.... both arrived the same day... as for screen protectors, I got a 3pk at my local att store for $10

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums