Using the Korean version of G Pro in the US

replayfob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

I've been using the G Pro in Korea (SK version) for a few months now and I absolutely love it. It seems like I am going back to the US earlier than I originally anticipated and would really like to continue using my G Pro - since it's really an awesome device. I've searched the internet and the forum regarding the issue of whether I can use the unlocked Korean version of the phone in the US but haven't been able to get a solid answer. I know that using LTE is definitely out of the question and I would be happy with just using 3G. I read somewhere that I would be able to use ONLY 2G/Edge which would be problematic. Is it true that it would only be 2G or would 3G work just as well on the device?

Any other tips/info on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
It's worse than you think, actually. Might as well leave it in Korea. I've had the U+ one here in the states since February, and unless you're only going to use it on Wifi, it's a paperweight.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Phil is that because carriers in the US are running different gsm bands or that they refuse unlocked phones for the most part?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa