ARCHIVED: [ROM] Reborn ROM v2.2.4 - 7/24/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgay

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed, dunno if this is something I did wrong (UI looks great, btw =) ), but when I press the browser button, it opens the default browser and then opens opera mini ontop of that... any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, read through the thread and just put theopera mini app on the home bar =)

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed, dunno if this is something I did wrong (UI looks great, btw =) ), but when I press the browser button, it opens the default browser and then opens opera mini ontop of that... any ideas?

Clear defaults (menu->settings->applications->manage applications) on Opera mini and then drop which ever one you prefer in the task bar. If your prefer Mini then put mini in there and set it as default browser.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Can we flash the "stock buttons.zip" found with ThundeROM to fix the wake buttons? I know we can edit the buttons manually if need be.

I still have no clue why anyone would set it so only the power button wakes the phone. Even if a button does get pressed in your pocket the lock screen prevents dialing so the worst that happens is your screen comes on for a matter of seconds.

Edit: Oh and you should call it "ROMper"

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I still have no clue why anyone would set it so only the power button wakes the phone. Even if a button does get pressed in your pocket the lock screen prevents dialing so the worst that happens is your screen comes on for a matter of seconds.

I have an issue with Songbird and Mixzing where pressing the Home button while the lockscreen widget is active will bypass the lockscreen and go straight into the main screen. That's why (at least for me) it's useful to have just the power button activate the screen.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Can we flash the "stock buttons.zip" found with ThundeROM to fix the wake buttons? I know we can edit the buttons manually if need be.

Let me make an update zip for you.

Last edited:

brassglobos

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This ROM looks great, can't wait to try it out! Does this ROM have swype included?

Thanks for all the work you guys put into these, I appreciate your work!

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed over Thunderom 1.8.3 without wiping data. Booted up and was lagging and slow. Wiped all data and reflashed rom and it's super fast. Great job on this! Thanks for all your hard work, Nick7 and KSmith.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

No, not true at all. That button mapping got created because I pocket dialed Beezy at 6am one day. Others have chimed in with their optimus pocket dialing stories as well.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed over Thunderom 1.8.3 without wiping data. Booted up and was lagging and slow. Wiped all data and reflashed rom and it's super fast. Great job on this! Thanks for all your hard work, Nick7 and KSmith.

You should never flash a ROM over another ROM unless It's the exact same ROM. You WILL, sooner or later, have a problem that seemingly nobody else has.

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You should never flash a ROM over another ROM unless It's the exact same ROM. You WILL, sooner or later, have a problem that seemingly nobody else has.

Oh I know. The instructions in the first post said wipe data is recommended but not required, so I thought I'd see what would happen and post here. This way if anyone has problems doing what I did, then they just need to wipe data and flash. No ifs, ands or buts about it :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No, not true at all. That button mapping got created because I pocket dialed Beezy at 6am one day. Others have chimed in with their optimus pocket dialing stories as well.

I pocket dialed 911 once at 2 in the morning. Let me tell you that was not fun having the cops at my door with me half asleep not knowing what was going on.

Reactions: alok66

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Let me make an update zip for you.

=D Yay ty! I feel special lol. Weird people still pocket dial. I have yet to have a problem with that but I am constantly pocket dialing on our On Call phone which is a blackberry....or at least was cause we just got the Verizon iPhone. Its no droid but it'll do. I also used the Mixzing app with lock screen widget for awhile and didn't have any problems with wake keys there either. Guess i'm just lucky lol.

Sarcoptic

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick question about the overclock...since this is using picastick is the overclock set at interactive? Also is the recommendation to use SetCPU to go faster? Thanks for the awesome work fellas!

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
SetCPU seems to work fine to change overclock. I used the ThundeROM button mapper zip because I hadn't seen the update here yet, that worked too.

Kevin, is there an easy way to change how the LG launcher looks if we change screen density? I like mine at 140, but then it breaks how the launcher bar at the bottom looks. If not, no worries, LauncherPRO works too.

Thanks guys for another great build.

Status
Not open for further replies.