Deleting roms from sd card?

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running Drews CyanogenMod 7 and I also have Reborn Rom on my sd card. When i first downloaded Reborn and used Astro file manager to copy it from my "download" folder to the root of the sdcard, it apparently left 2 files of Reborn on my sdcard, 1 in the "download" folder and the other on the root of the sdcard. Im wanting to keep Reborn incase I want to flash it later down the road, so my question is can I delete the Reborn file that is in the "download" folder (to free up some space) and if i do, will I still be able to flash Reborn with there only being 1 file left?

Sent from my Optimus S CM7

AvantGuard

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
As long as it's a straight copy of the Reborn zip file, you will be ok to delete the copy in the "download" folder. If not, you can always redownload!

Good luck.

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
IF you made a nandroid of Reborn before you flashed CM7, you can delete both files. And just nandroid back to Reborn and all your settings and everything will be there just like you left it!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I always keep a copy of ROMs I'm running on my device/sd card so I don't have to re download or sync them from my computer to my device. This way any problems while on the road I can always re flash using the ROM, at times Nandroid backups have been proven to fail or become unrecognized by CWM due to unforeseen file corruption/md5 checksum errors.

For the little space a few ROMs take up its worth having a couple laying around to flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez