Phone was rooted in ZVD, now OTA ZVH and not rooted

jedonohue

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
hello
i have an LG optimus S that came from the factory with ZVD. I had successfully rooted the device with gingerbreak. All was well, until ZVH got loaded somehow without me knowing OTA. anyway, i have been reading alot of threads on here but i am thoroughly confused about how to get this rooted again. It says something about reverting to ZVD but i cant find how to do that. I saw something else that said i cant run a ZVH root zip file unless i do that first. Would someone please provide the steps on how i can go about re-rooting that? The phone has android version 2.3.3.

thank you

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Revert to VD using the 2nd link in my signature. Substitute the VD instructions in the reference section. Then root VD as before.

You are then ready to follow the ZVH rooting instructions using the first link in my signature.

jedonohue

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
HI
i tried following the now you can revert step and it says it seems to go through ok and reboot and the lg software worked fine, but now i have an issue it says "Sorry!, The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again"

What happened ??? How do i fix this. Can i revert back to what i had before or can i try again with this same set of instructions?

thanks

jedonohue

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Found it and did the reset and got it reverted to ZVD again - thank you , thank you, thank you!!! You are a godsend. At least i am back to the beginning again. Now , question, since i am basically back to zvd now, will sprint be able to push zvh again automatically or sicne they "think" they pushed it already, am i clear and can do what i want? I figure i can just follow the zvd root procedure again now but i dont want to get burned again and have zvh loaded only to wipe out my efforts.

thanks

ice_demon_28

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ive had the same issue happen with my phone, rooted and received zvh and no longer rooted but I dont mind zvh. How do I keep zvh and get rerooted? No website ive been to seems to have that answer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles