Will there be a 1 click root like Gingersnap for ZVH or beyond?

LACAGuy

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm love my stock optimus s and would like to root, but don't have the technical knowledge and time to figure it out. It seems that in my situation, I would have to downgrade my device to ZVD in order to root.

I suppose I could go to the Sprint Store and downgrade, but i'm not having the problems with 2.3.3 that others are having.

Does anyone know if someone is working on a root for ZVH or beyond? I would like to be able to take advantage of what rooting can do, such as flash, ad blocking, etc.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will there be a 1 click root like Gingersnap for ZVH or beyon

It will likely depend on a generic linux/android exploit which could be anywhere from tomorrow to never. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 1 click solution. Last time it took 3-4 months before gingerbreak came out.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm love my stock optimus s and would like to root, but don't have the technical knowledge and time to figure it out. It seems that in my situation, I would have to downgrade my device to ZVD in order to root.

I suppose I could go to the Sprint Store and downgrade, but i'm not having the problems with 2.3.3 that others are having.

Does anyone know if someone is working on a root for ZVH or beyond? I would like to be able to take advantage of what rooting can do, such as flash, ad blocking, etc.

Root exploits are EXTREMELY difficult to find, and even more difficult to write code for. As of this moment, the latest ZVH update has blocked all known exploits.

Unless some highly talented individual writes another working exploit, there will never be a simple one-click root method like Gingersnap for ZVH and above.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is the cold hard truth of the matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress