[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/26 ZVD basesband Alpha16

im haveing trouble with it booting up with a 16 gig card in :/ i take it out boots perfect is there a cm9 rom that suports my card ?

Have you tried Quattrimus? It's another CM9 ROM for the Optimus S that may work for you. Personally I'm only using an 8GB microSD card right now but I don't see any reason why a 16 won't work.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

im haveing trouble with it booting up with a 16 gig card in :/ i take it out boots perfect is there a cm9 rom that suports my card ?

Make sure your card isn't formatted exfat. Reformat in recovery, or format it in windows fat32 (preferable). And scan for bad sectors while you're at it.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
How do I flash custom icons for the status bar? Tried with rom manager pro. Nothing. Tried in recovery. Just erases the bottom half which shows what I have done. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your card isn't formatted exfat. Reformat in recovery, or format it in windows fat32 (preferable). And scan for bad sectors while you're at it.

What? You get fat32 regardless. There is no such thing as exfat. An sdext shouldn't effect the way the phone boots if it was all done correctly. Read the top link in my signature if you guys aren't sure how to do it. I did a big write up on all this a few weeks ago.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

arrrghhh

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

What? You get fat32 regardless. There is no such thing as exfat. An sdext shouldn't effect the way the phone boots if it was all done correctly. Read the top link in my signature if you guys aren't sure how to do it. I did a big write up on all this a few weeks ago.

exFAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also recommend formatting with the HP Tool instead of the built-in Windows utility.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Also, reguardless of installing a sdext script correctly the whole point is to mount ext @ boot so technically it does effect boot... But I don't think sd-ext is the issue....

He is just having problems with his card @ boot for some reason...

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Kraven, would you mod the rom for me? i have some status bar icons i would like to use. let me know.

I would root my wii if it ran on Android, but i have already hacked it. :)

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I have a 16 gb sdcard too and I boot up perfectly, but there're 2 more cm9 roms I think, one is quatrimmus (Idk if that's how its spelled) the other is one that says (yes it's ics!) On the front of the forum

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried booting without the card in and then putting it in and reboot?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Some cards are designed for cameras and are formatted exfat from the factory. I've tried formatting my sdcard to exfat and the card wouldn't mount. Hence, experience talking.

Second, I've read your linked post. Nothing new there that I haven't been doing for over a year now. I'm quite familiar with the ext file system. The only problem I have with your tutorial is the differences between the ext file systems. But I looked at it as "inaccurate, but close enough".

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You probably need to try building it. Code is different from ics. Just have to wait till it gets fixed from the other msm7x27 devices. Hephappy was the best bet at getting camera and audio arm6 into jb, but he's gone. Tdm, BobZhome, Arjen and lupohirp are the best hopes. But for reference, the camera related stuff is in the device folder, vendor folder, frameworks base, camera.apk, Build.prop, and kernel. Also ramdisk and permissions.

For audio fixes, it's cdma specific too. You might try BobZhome's audio files in his /system/lib/hw folder for his cm9

Last edited:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You probably need to try building it. Code is different from ics. Just have to wait till it gets fixed from the other msm7x27 devices. Hephappy was the best bet at getting camera and audio arm6 into jb, but he's gone. Tdm, BobZhome, Arjen and lupohirp are the best hopes. But for reference, the camera related stuff is in the device folder, vendor folder, frameworks base, camera.apk, Build.prop, and kernel.

I was actually wondering the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sent from my Toshiba NB305 running Android-x86 4.0 using Android Central Forums.