[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

Clean installed 18c today, restored many apps from backup. They did not install to sd-ext. I had (and have) TiBu set to install to the "default" location.

Edit: Mounts2SD, when properly applied, made everything work as expected. I take that back. Experiencing some issues that I think are a result of Mounts2SD. Ugh. Please, please fix the in-ROM scripting so that things move to sd-ext as best fits the ROM.

I'll check, which rom was it working before?

I know in Cm7 there is the option to select install location. Try setting Tibu to external. If you look at the /data/app folder it should be symlinked to the sd-ext/app/ folder.

Last edited:

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I'll check, which rom was it working before?
Hard for me to say. I jumped ROMs a couple of times around alpha16. Quattrimus had it working in beta1.

I know in Cm7 there is the option to select install location. Try setting Tibu to external. If you look at the /data/app folder it should be symlinked to the sd-ext/app/ folder.
Code:
ls -l | grep ">"
returns nothin'.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

If you look at the data/app folder in Root Browser, it will show the symlink icon and larger free space. Tibu restores and Market downloads installed to the sd-ext/app directory.

I'm looking at this other script from DavisNT.
1. delete the system/etc/init.d/05mountext file.
2. flash the first file sd-ext_patch-signed-v11.zip at the link [MOD] Move to sd-ext | Simple app, private-app and Dalvik cache to SD solution - xda-developers,
3. then flash the 2nd file View attachment to_sd-ext_patch-signed-vcai.zip Then 2nd one will error out if the sd-ext already had directories. At this time you can wipe the sd-ext and reflash the 2nd one.

I just did this and got the same results as a fresh install of alpha 18c. Tibu restored apps to the default location.. which filled up the sd-ext/app.

There's another one by Cron you can try. [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey I have been on alpha 18c for 3days I turned my phone on it said updating 98 applications and now nothing works is this something I messed up by installing ad away or what I am so lost I removed ad away and still they all fc

Sent from my LG-LS670

Maybe102

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Does WiFi hotspot work on this or able to with amarket apk?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Got my sprint rom cherry! I finally jumped off the cliff into the optimus s roms on my optimus v. This is the first and with the patch it works very nicely. I'll definitely be lurking the s forums more for sure!

whatwasthat?

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Does WiFi hotspot work on this or able to with amarket apk?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it works yet. I for now I use foxfi. I but it's limited to blueDUN connection only

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Kraven,

I'm going to try the DavisNT script in a few moments. When you say:

'...1. delete the system/etc/init.d/05mountext file.'

Is that because of the current built-in script that comes with CAI (I believe it was built into Quattrimus originally)?

Also, if you can do some in-depth testing between the DavisNT script and CronMod's script...once you find out which script is better...perhaps you can include it in future CAI releases?

Thanks!

Bee Jay

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it works yet. I for now I use foxfi. I but it's limited to blueDUN connection only

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

"Wifi tether for root" works for hotspot but it makes an ad-hoc network.

whatwasthat?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Kraven,

I'm going to try the DavisNT script in a few moments. When you say:

'...1. delete the system/etc/init.d/05mountext file.'

Is that because of the current built-in script that comes with CAI (I believe it was built into Quattrimus originally)?

Also, if you can do some in-depth testing between the DavisNT script and CronMod's script...once you find out which script is better...perhaps you can include it in future CAI releases?

Thanks!

Bee Jay

I'll keep it like it is for now. Actually might go back to making that a user option to install. They all work the same. The cron ones don't symlink, so that might be a better option for some.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Just wondering... what kinda stuff are you (Kraven) cooking up for the next build?

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'll keep it like it is for now. Actually might go back to making that a user option to install. They all work the same. The cron ones don't symlink, so that might be a better option for some.

Kraven,

Aaah ok sounds good. Question however:

1. - If you're going to make it a user-installable option, say a 'flashable' file; Will that include uninstalling the current script and 05mountext among other files, then properly flashing the new script(s)?

2. - When you tested DavisNT's Script, were you able to go into 'Settings ==> Storage' under 'Internal Storage/Total Space'...and have it display the size/capacity and the available space of the EXT 2/3/4 partition or did it just say the normal '165MB Total Space'.

Thanks!

BJ

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It has something todo with the overlays in framework-res.apk. @res/xml/storage_list.xml. It only has the sdcard listed so it will only report that size. I'll look into adding sd-ext to that menu if possible

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Kraven,

In the interest of making this ROM the best it can be, I can test any preliminary scripts and patches that you cook up, as far as integrating any of the 'Data2EXT' scripts out there.

I have a killer Nandroid based on 18b, so I'm good to go.

Let me know.

Bee Jay

:cool:

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

All I know is as long as this rom has been in alpha it gonna skip beta and be the most rock solid/tweaked ics ---EVER---

Good work!!!

Kraven what on earth do I got to do to port this 2 the Samsung galaxy prevail

Iv been watching dev on this since it began drooling for THIS ROM over all the others.....then my optiS get tossed in a lake wham! Stuck with the prevail (no roms):(

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Android Central Forums

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

yea i am using the vvm app, basically the steps i had to do to get it to work was i had made a backup via titanium from like hydrorom where it worked fine, and then i used the vvm that was posted earlier, copy and paste it to system/apps, set the right properties and reboot phone, now its in there but acting odd, so this is where i restore the data only from titanium and reboot and it works, i get voicemails and it displays and everything

tbh tho i have never used the i compose thing that most people seem to have problems with where it says no memory or what ever but it working to the point i wanted it to anyways

also kraven that 3754 fix worked like a charm thanks!

Hey guys, for anyone who is having trouble getting Voicemail to work - I did it with a variation of the above.

I'm going to leave this up in case someone wants to experiment, but after a few days I started experiencing a lot of connectivity issues after an otherwise great experience.

First, I did a full wipe and flashed Reborn ROM, which has the Sprint VM app on it, and set it up. I guess Reborn has an older version, because it prompted me to update and I did. Once it was working, I downloaded Titanium and took a backup of the VM app.

Then, I did a full wipe and flashed CAI, and then installed this voicemail APK: [APP] Sprint-VoiceMail- Updated 7/06/2012 - xda-developers.

Once CAI was up and running (set up my google account, etc.), I downloaded Titanium and restored the app data only for the VM app. Titanium saw that new APK as the same as the old one (except the icon is grey instead of yellow and blue), showing it as an existing installed app rather than an uninstalled backup.

I did not do any copy/pasting or permissions tweaking, and it appears to be working at the moment.

Hope this helps.

PS - Just for informational purposes, I did try simply restoring the backed-up VM (app+data), but it hung and would not complete. So, I had to install the one from the thread.

Last edited:

jermmkay

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm really interested in trying this now that HQ video is fixed. Is there a patch to make it work on the Optimus V rather than S (I think it's just the menu and home buttons are switched)? Forgive me if it was mentioned earlier, but I don't have time to sift through 157 pages of comments. Thanks!

Samuelg900

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm really interested in trying this now that HQ video is fixed. Is there a patch to make it work on the Optimus V rather than S (I think it's just the menu and home buttons are switched)? Forgive me if it was mentioned earlier, but I don't have time to sift through 157 pages of comments. Thanks!
I use a key swapper zip file

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Its in the first page. Patch for virgin mobile user! :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer