[BETA][ARMv6] Firefox for all ARMv6 Processors! YAY!

kbrosnan_

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all I work on Firefox mobile, it is cool that you all have found this build usable. However this is not [beta] or even [alpha] software. It its a pre-developemnt build. The code is not even in the code repository as part of the nightly builds.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all I work on Firefox mobile, it is cool that you all have found this build usable. However this is not [beta] or even [alpha] software. It its a pre-developemnt build. The code is not even in the code repository as part of the nightly builds.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. We understand that it isn't %100 ready yet, but we're used to using software under development (Alpha, Beta, pre-Alpha, you name it), and despite whatever bugs may or may not exist, we're thrilled to be using firefox at all on our underpowered phones (cough cough Chrome cough cough)

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Well, thanks for all of your hard work. We all appriciate it. *cough cough Chrome sucks cough cough* :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I like the nightly build, and run it, however, i do get alot of FC's, but that is to be expected on alpha/pre dev builds. Anyone know if we can change the nightly icon to the real firefox icon?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the nightly build, and run it, however, i do get alot of FC's, but that is to be expected on alpha/pre dev builds. Anyone know if we can change the nightly icon to the real firefox icon?

I was wondering the same thing. If you edit the .apk, probably but that is probably not a good idea.. I guess you could do it; you just couldn't share the file since the .apk and logo technically belongs to Mozilla?

Last edited:

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I have yet to have an issue with the Nightly build of Fennic. I would swear it is a Beta, it works so well. I've been all over the webs with it, used multiple tabs on it, and all without issue. I even have it synced up with my desktop Firefox. I must just be lucky, or is it because I'm using CM 7.2 by thekraven 2/7/2012? This has to be at least Alpha, sense Alpha means first, and it diffidently works. It is Beta in my book, by how well it works.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to have an issue with the Nightly build of Fennic. I would swear it is a Beta, it works so well. I've been all over the webs with it, used multiple tabs on it, and all without issue. I even have it synced up with my desktop Firefox. I must just be lucky, or is it because I'm using CM 7.2 by thekraven 2/7/2012? This has to be at least Alpha, sense Alpha means first, and it diffidently works. It is Beta in my book, by how well it works.

Same here. I have yet to have a problem... with either of them.

Maybe your cache and data needs to be cleared from the app.. try reinstalling.

UPDATE - Scrolling on Nightly could use some work though. It bounces back a couple of lines when I try to scroll.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up!

huh.... it's a tad laggy... maybe it'll settle after a few uses
which version did you try, stable or nightly (or both?)
I think I remember hearing the same thing about the original ff for android being laggy (the one that wasn't compatible with our phones) I could be wrong, it's been a while but I still gotta try it! I just have to wait til I have time to free up some space on my phone so I can install it.
Wish we could try chrome too.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up!

which version did you try, stable or nightly (or both?)
I think I remember hearing the same thing about the original ff for android being laggy (the one that wasn't compatible with our phones) I could be wrong, it's been a while but I still gotta try it! I just have to wait til I have time to free up some space on my phone so I can install it.
Wish we could try chrome too.

Doesn't take up that much space.. I have found that the space is also a part from the user syncing Firefox.