Questions involving baseband...

UnicornBacon

May 8, 2011
Visit site
While I can appreciate the fact that basebands beginning with an M (MVD, MVH, etc.) are functionally no different than those beginning with a Z (ZVD, ZVH, etc.) I'm still curious to know if it's possible to restore the phone to a state where the "about phone" menu will report the baseband beginning in a Z rather than an M.

I understand that there is little or no necessity for this change to take place, but it has a bit of a cosmetic appeal, (for me at least) and I'm hoping that if possible someone can point me in the direction of a tested method that would allow me to facilitate the change.

Would this work perhaps?

If anyone is curious as to what my starting point would be, I'm currently running HydroROM beta 2 & Clockwork Mod Recovery.

UnicornBacon

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine simply edit the build.prop

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
I was thinking more along the lines of some combination of adb commands and/or update.zip flashes that would return the phone to a state where it was no longer evident that it had ever been used. Rather than simply text editing build.prop to falsely display a Z on a baseband that would otherwise have began with an M.

Do you think that Unroot tutorial thread that I linked would accomplish this? (Or will it somehow mutate the baseband in to MV8/MV9 or something of that nature?)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
While I can appreciate the fact that basebands beginning with an M (MVD, MVH, etc.) are functionally no different than those beginning with a Z (ZVD, ZVH, etc.) I'm still curious to know if it's possible to restore the phone to a state where the "about phone" menu will report the baseband beginning in a Z rather than an M.

I understand that there is little or no necessity for this change to take place, but it has a bit of a cosmetic appeal, (for me at least) and I'm hoping that if possible someone can point me in the direction of a tested method that would allow me to facilitate the change.

Would this work perhaps?

If anyone is curious as to what my starting point would be, I'm currently running HydroROM beta 2 & Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Baseband version has always started with MV, and the Build number/SW version has always started with ZV. There's nothing wrong with your phone, it's not a bug in the software, that's just how LG does things.

I have a pure stock (refurb) Optimus and my baseband version is MVJ, and every other version number in About phone starts with ZV.

UnicornBacon

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Baseband version has always started with MV, and the Build number/SW version has always started with ZV. There's nothing wrong with your phone, it's not a bug in the software, that's just how LG does things.

I have a pure stock (refurb) Optimus and my baseband version is MVJ, and every other version number in About phone starts with ZV.
Oh ok I guess I was mistaken then, thanks for educating me Drew. Can you delete this thread for me?

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok I guess I was mistaken then, thanks for educating me Drew. Can you delete this thread for me?

Why? I wish I saw this when I first got this phone. There are other people who get confused, and this tread could help them not go freaking out in other threads. :) if any thing change the title.

UnicornBacon

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Why? I wish I saw this when I first got this phone. There are other people who get confused, and this tread could help them not go freaking out in other threads. :) if any thing change the title.
Fair enough I suppose, if reading this will alleviate the confusion for others as well then I guess it should be locked instead of deleted?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch