[How-To] Guide to rooting with software version LS670ZVD (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys, I finally did it...I was running Xionia recovery and TR 1.7.

1. Backed up data with Titanium Backup
2. Updated via LG Update Tool in Win7
3. Rebooted Automatically
4. Powered Off
5. Booted up recovery with 3 button method
6. Made Nand of stock VD
7. Wiped Cached & Dalvik (Not sure if neccessary, but was fun)
8. Flashed TR 1.7
9. Restored apps and data with Titanium

I didnt wipe data so not sure if I even needed to backup and restore. Everything worked fine. I did notice stock VD was Android 2.2.2. TR 1.7 is just 2.2.1 and it still says I have baseband VC but I know I have VD as I checked the stock. I am pretty sure the baseband is dictated via the rom...so TR 1.8 for sure will be Android 2.2.2 and specified VD....cant wait...enjoy guys!

Update: I was also able to update profile and PRL with no problem at all....
Wait so do I just update and flash thunderom wit custom recovery and it will be rooted? Will I have superuser?

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Wait so do I just update and flash thunderom wit custom recovery and it will be rooted? Will I have superuser?

Yip. That lil fact took me a while to figure out.:p This part is/was not mentioned in any how to root guides floating round here. Would unconfuse a lot of newbs imo if it was mentioned in the Rom threads. I thought I was nuts for a while after trying to root an already rooted rom. I confess this because I want everybody to see the humor in this whole game we play. :)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Its the newbie guide up yet :)

I'm really super duper uber sorry I haven't written the noob guide yet. I was called off to a job in Wyoming and I'm getting back tomorrow evening. Expect the noob guide tomorrow evening around 7PM MDT.

There will also be a special surprise for those of you who live in the Denver, CO area.

Reactions: gilbequick

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok i had a buckup of a zv9 rooted so i resored it an the lg tool says im have the latest an there is no reason to update can some one help me pls

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ok i had a buckup of a zv9 rooted so i resored it an the lg tool says im have the latest an there is no reason to update can some one help me pls
You have a refurb phone, right? Read the RED warning #1 of the KP500 revert thread in my signature for an explanation.

Then use the reference section of the KP500 revert thread to Force Flash VD.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ok i got it to VD an now im stuck on how to root it. what should i do?
If you had the CWMA custom recovery installed (like the first post instructed you to do), that gives you root right way from adb shell, you just need to install su, busybox into /system/bin

If you didn't then did you have the stock V9 recovery? You said you were on V9 before. If you have the stock V9 recovery, you can root using rage.

Use the LS670ZVC root instructions here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670zvc.html

Never mind that it says it won't work for ZVD. It does work.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
will this work with Thunderc-sprint instead of xionia? i already have that flashed and im not sure how to get rid of it
The root part will work. Just don't do a ##786# or Privacy->Reset from within android or your phone will be stuck on LG logo. If you need to reset, do it from the custom recovery.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
im actually already rooted with vc, will it work to upgrade to vd?

im performing part 2 and while reading down the list, step 5) Select "mount USB storage" does not appear in thunderc. im looking for thunderc's version of this but i cant seem to find it

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
im actually already rooted with vc, will it work to upgrade to vd?

im performing part 2 and while reading down the list, step 5) Select "mount USB storage" does not appear in thunderc. im looking for thunderc's version of this but i cant seem to find it
I should say "conceptually" it will work. You do need to modify the instructions slightly.

Choosing USB-MS toggle should be equivalent.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody in this forum use the search box, or simply hit reply and ask a question? Most questions have been asked and answered several times a piece. Just saying...plus that way you don't have to wait for someone to respond.

Sent from my Gingerbreaded NookColor using Tapatalk...

Reactions: WHYDavid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana