Is the charger icon supposed to disappear at 100%?

zwhirl

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently received a refurbished Optimus that has a wierd battery status/charging icon issue not present, as far as I can remember, on my prior, brand new Optimus. When the charger is plugged in, the Charger Icon and CHARGED text disappear from all screens (lock, clock and home) when the battery level reaches 100%. Settings > About Phone> Status > Battery Status also changes from CHARGING to DISCHARGING. This issue goes away after a hard (factory) or soft reset but reappears the next time the phone is powered off and on. On my original, brand new Optimus the Charger Icon and CHARGED text never disappeared until after I unplugged the charger.

LG Tech support told me this is not normal behavior. However, my local corporate Sprint store claims it is. This user's phone behaves similarly.

Is the charger icon and CHARGED text supposed to disappear at 100%?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When i was on the stock rom the battery icon would remain, when charging in that batter icon there would be the charge symbol and once it reached 100% it would disapper. (battery icon remains but solid color) even when still pluged in.

zwhirl

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought my original, brand new Optimus always displayed a special icon when the charger was plugged in to the phone but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Could this issue possibly be the result of the new LCD drivers and hardware that LG and/or Sprint started using on the stock VC/VD units? I purchased my original Optimus last November. LS670ZVC with the "new drivers for LCD supplier" was released 3/8/11. My refurb phone was ordered 3/30/11.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there.